The 12 min tune will help some but it will be running lean and you will get some afterfiring on decel. There is a tune for that set up on the Tuneboy site. Pianoman runs it in his bike.

I realize that, but there you go with the Tuneboy stuff. Honestly, I can't see paying 300 bucks for a USB cable and a key to the kingdom. I can't believe some of the more astute computer guys arond here haven't figured out how to unlock the CPU to accept downloads.

Then you could load any one's tune in your computer and download it in the bike. USB 2.0 cables are a dime a dozen, well, a couple bucks each. Of course that would basically put Wayne out of business, or at least reduce the price of his service. I say service because he's not selling any hard goods, just his expertise in the world of computer hacking.

Flipper

Flip If you just dump the converter and use stock pipes It will adapt even without the 12 minute tune..Mine has been running without the cat. or stock pipes for 3 years..Get a dealer to put In appropriat tune..Think Spike would have boiled his pisser by now If It was to lean..And Ive never had any poping farting or back fireing..Now that Iam gona try a PClll he'll probably be all fueked up...Ha Jack

There is more than just a cable. It is USB to OBDII and there is some circuitry in the plug I would imagine to slow down communications. Wayne is a mad scientist. I don't have a problem paying for his work. The gain in hp and performance is well worth it.

So if I get the tuneboy and download a preset tune that gets me in the ballpark? Then what? Do I just leave it or what do I do to dial it in? If most dyno tuners won't touch it and especially not here in Wyoming what would I do? Just hope the preset tune is close enough to make the bike run right and make the speedo right etc.? Is the speedo 7% fast or slow? Thanks......Craig

Yep in the ballpark. Unless you can find a dyno tuner willing to use Tuneboy. Or get a PCIII and have it dyno tuned with the PCIII. I picked up 8 hp doing that. The speedo reads 7% fast from the factory.

You will notice a big difference after loading a tune that is "full power" with Tuneboy.

So if I get the tuneboy and download a preset tune that gets me in the ballpark? Then what? Do I just leave it or what do I do to dial it in? If most dyno tuners won't touch it and especially not here in Wyoming what would I do? Just hope the preset tune is close enough to make the bike run right and make the speedo right etc.? Is the speedo 7% fast or slow? Thanks......Craig

The custom Tuneboy tunes are not pre-set. They were done on bikes with different exhaust systems.If your system matches one of those, all you have to do is download one of those tunes. You won't need anything else. For example, I have the 20050_2 for the TOR/cat bypass/filter under seat tune. A asked my dealer (a DynoJet center) if putting a PCIII over this would make any difference and he said forget it. If you have an exhaust or intake for which Wayne at Tuneboy hasn't created a map, it's still worth getting the Tuneboy for all the options it has and installing the closest Tuneboy map. Then you can dyno test the bike for $40 for power and A/F and if you are happy, leave it - if not, get a PCIII.

Last edited:
Sorry to keep beating this to death but I need to clarify. I can go to my dealer and install the Triumph TOR pipes, do the air filter under the seat mod and have my dealer install the Triumph tune for this. Then I can install the tuneboy with a tune loaded in it for the Triumph pipes and it will correct the speedo and fix the secondaries and the 7% power loss? Then I could run it on a dyno and make sure the af ratio's are on the money or close and that's it? Then my bike would run as it should?

Back