The RIII T was never intended for performance. It's intended to easily lug a bunch of luggage and a spouse all over the country with a detuned/under stressed motor that will last a life time. Pulling power, kind of like a Ford F350, but like a F350, it won't outrun anything. It was never meant to.

(Off topic ranting of a red headed female F-350 owner.)

My wife said to tell you that she takes offense to the "Ford F350 not being able to outrun anything" comment:rolleyes:. She drives a 2001 Super-Duty dualie and has vowed to never go back to driving a car, no matter the price of diesel. I've done a little work on the truck (intake, super-chip, free flowing exhaust, etc.) and have it running quite well. Matter of fact, we drag raced recently at an 1/8th mile track, and her truck ran real close to my C-4 Corvette and actually a little faster than some of the home grown ricer's Hondas, and Nissans. I think her ET was an 8.90 at 80 MPH while my car was only slightly better at 8.56 and 83 MPH. She can and does embarass quite a few of the Ricky Racer types on the weekends, especially when they are showing out for their girlfriends. Funny as hell, most of the time as most won't even pull back up next to her at the next light.

She is even learning to talk smack, a few weeks back she said that some jerk-wad in a newer Hemi Dodge truck was messing with her, (ie. not letting her merge in traffic, etc) They both get off the interstate at the same exit and got caught a light, with the Dodge in the lead. The light turns and jerk wad nailed it, as much as a drive by wire truck will (nail it.) She catches him and passes him before the next light, which they both get caught at again this time side by side. She rolls down the window and tells him, "That thing runs pretty good for a six cylinder." He shouted back that it's got the Hemi and it's a V-8, she just said, "Oh, I'm sorry, you may want to get that looked at then," and the light changed.:eek:

I know you were just making a point, but trying to explain to a red headed woman that no harm was intentional is a hard row to hoe. Besides like I told her it's more fun if the masses think that the F-350's are slow, it makes outrunning them feel so much better.:p:)

LOL.. I apologize.. I do agree that a F350 is fast.. :) I have a 99 7.3 litre, crew cab, 8ft bed dually. It's stock though, and suffers a bit from turbo lag at take off, but once that turbo hits, it will move!

I just used it as an example because I drove it to work today. The traffic on I-10 was horrendous because of all the evacuees! With my Rocket (my usual daily driver), I can just shoot right up the on-ramp and take whatever space I want. My F350, while pretty quick, is no where near as quick as the Rocket. So, instead of picking my spot, I had to basically push other drivers around to get on I-10 this morning since they wouldn't move to the next lane or just let me merge in.. :)

OK . .. y'all can use MY F350 for the scapegoat . . . 7.3 without the turbo. It wont get out of its own way. BUT it will pull a freight train at 55 mph. :p

It's pretty odd that the 7.3 litre Diesel is so popular with Rocket owners. I have a 97 and Flip has one also.. It must have a connection with the power struggle and a urge to move mountains...:D fast

Hope you can find those stolen ponies that the standard RIIIs have. :mad:

Having owned both an HD with a 103" motor and my current RIII, there's no comparison. My RIII is at least 1/2 again as powerful and waaaaaayyyyyy faster off the line or rolling from 65 mph. No contest. :D

When you get your new pipes and tune, you'll have to let us know how it goes. ;)

I've been meaning to get a picture of our F350, our big Belgian (horse), and the Rocket together...lol Size matters.. Pick your choice.. lol

It's pretty odd that the 7.3 litre Diesel is so popular with Rocket owners. I have a 97 and Flip has one also.. It must have a connection with the power struggle and a urge to move mountains...:D fast

Back