Ok quick update..

Dave is an absolute gentleman and from my experience, an "Old school Honest mechanic" who loves his craft and loves Rockets (and Boss Hoss's) even more. Nothing I asked was too much trouble, and even when things went slightly array, he was patient and upfront. Not only did he fit all my new bit's and pieces, (Daymaker LED headlights, and integrated LED Brake light/blinkers) but he also almost destroyed his Dyno , due to my radiator hose blowing halfway through the tune. He managed to turn my sedate little Baby Girl into an ANIMAL, and I cannot thank him enough or wipe the smile off my face. Next step is to turn her into a Raging BEAST and do a Full - Neville Lush upgrade (if I can convince the minister of finance/wife)

Honestly if anyone needs a really good mechanic and an all round decent bloke at that, give Dave a call (PND Automotive Electrical Service - Toodyay WA 0438 420 380)

Unfortunately I don't have my original graph with the stock exhaust and air system.. This is with a Full CES system, K&N Pods and Custom Dyno Tune.. (Blue lines - 12 min auto tune, Red lines - Dave's Dyno Magic) Almost 20 HP difference, gotta be stoked with that.

Lastly to all of you who recommended I ride "up the hill" to Dave.. you boy's rock.

PMBA100% Graph.jpg

Last edited:
So it comes down to we only have one place to go in WA, especially if you have something different to stock.
I will have to sweet talk the bride into making a few trips up to Toodyay, as everyone south of Perth that's any good is into Pwr Commanders not TUNEBOY.

Dave in Toodyay no longer in operation as he is working away. Any other recommendations of someone in Perth to do Tuneboy dyno tune on my R3.
Everyone wants to sell me a PCV and tune for around $1250 AUD, but are not sure how that will interface with a Tuneboy, sounds like throwing away dollars to me, I would rather pay for a good tune on the Tuneboy.
In my opinion the Tuneboy has been a disaster as no one wants to have anything to do with it.
Any Information appreciated.

Ok Rocketeers a couple of questions :-
1 - Has any one installed a PC5 on a bike with a Tuneboy fitted, if so what were the problems if any encountered and were the results worth it.
2 - Those of you who have the PC5 installed on it's own, are you happy with the results and what type of gains did you get.

Absolutely Any answers welcome, but would like to hear from those in Australia as I am stuck at the moment not knowing which way to go.
Looking forward to reading your response's.

Cheers
Bob

Ok Rocketeers a couple of questions :-
1 - Has any one installed a PC5 on a bike with a Tuneboy fitted, if so what were the problems if any encountered and were the results worth it.
2 - Those of you who have the PC5 installed on it's own, are you happy with the results and what type of gains did you get.

Absolutely Any answers welcome, but would like to hear from those in Australia as I am stuck at the moment not knowing which way to go.
Looking forward to reading your response's.

Cheers
Bob

G Day Bob

I use dave also and he is all over it and been using him for years.
I sold my motor to a bloke up in perth and dropped it off to his mechanic Pedro in Waikiki in Perth.
Pedro also sound like he is all over it .
Not shore if he just dose it for friends but he is into serious HP and seems old school as well.

Thanks Rocket HP
Would you have any contact details for Pedro ? I am not far from Waikiki it would be nice and easy to get there.
At the moment I have only found Justin at Pro-Twin in Wangara, prepared to work with the Tuneboy ECU.
As I will be trailering the bike there it is a whole lot easier to get to Waikiki than Wangara.
Cheers

Thanks Rocket HP
Would you have any contact details for Pedro ? I am not far from Waikiki it would be nice and easy to get there.
At the moment I have only found Justin at Pro-Twin in Wangara, prepared to work with the Tuneboy ECU.
As I will be trailering the bike there it is a whole lot easier to get to Waikiki than Wangara.
Cheers

I will make a couple of calls and get back to ya

Thanks Rocket HP
Cheers

I'm a bit late to the party....Pedro is a member here though i haven't read anything from him in a while. Might be worth PMing him in case he's lurking...

Thanks, bike is in the hands of Justin at pro twin in Wangara.
Hopefully he can sort out the issues.

Back