Parking the Rocket for the summer

Aw shucks Big Dog. Riding is always great there (except 3:00 to 3:30 each day when it rains). Work that knee brother and best of luck between now and post surgery!

Last edited:
Sorry about the knee, but it couldn't have happened at a better time. Summer is the worst time of the year for riding so you'll get to miss the sweltering and unforgiving heat, swamp level humidity and not to mention getting cooked by that radiator. Hopefully your knee will heal and you'll have the other 3 seasons of blissful Florida riding! Heck I've been tempted to hang up my helmet for the summer...

All the best there with the 2nd one @1BigDog ..... had my left one done last October and its been great.

@TOMCAT that procedure your sister had sounds like the go... hope you can go that way and not endure what you went through with the other one.......

All the best there with the 2nd one @1BigDog ..... had my left one done last October and its been great.

@TOMCAT that procedure your sister had sounds like the go... hope you can go that way and not endure what you went through with the other one.......

She just sent me some pics .. scars down the side of her knee , not down the front. Little or no bruising or swelling ... I'll be asking for the procedure she had , begging if need be.

Well crap! Actually I recently moved from Brandon. Now in Brooksville, much better for Rocket riding!

Havent been to Brooksville in about 20 years. Back then they were still doing major developing of the area. Good riding there though. My personal preference is A1A, especially from Jax to Fernandina Beach.

She just sent me some pics .. scars down the side of her knee , not down the front. Little or no bruising or swelling ... I'll be asking for the procedure she had , begging if need be.

Funny how some real pain will make one beg for major surgery........o_O

Havent been to Brooksville in about 20 years. Back then they were still doing major developing of the area. Good riding there though. My personal preference is A1A, especially from Jax to Fernandina Beach.
If you like all the traffic and stop lights.:evil: Then again, I spent 20 plus years in Palm Beach and Dade counties. It is a nightmare down there now. And that was several years ago when I worked at the Lake City VA. Decent riding around there.

Back