Parking the Rocket for the summer

1BigDog

Gone to the Dogs!
Ride
Size 12 Bates, extra wide
Just wrapping up a week long vacation. I took the bike out twice and my left knee is still swelling up after maybe 50 miles so my riding was very limited. So I made a mental decision to park the bike for 2 months while I try some physical therapy to strengthen the knees, which is something I need to do anyway before my planned knee replacement surgery. So, next week a good wax job and cover her up. Fresh oil when I uncover her and new plugs too. Its gonna be a llllloonnnggg summer. :(

Bummer about the knee :eek: At least you still have a positive outlook and are being sensible about it :thumbsup:

My sister just had both her knees replaced at once :eek: tried in vain to talk her out of it , to no avail. She had MRI's done which were sent to Germany and precision made artificial knees were made specifically to suit her bones. None of the carpentry .. the hammering or chiselling like I went through , she was up and walking a day after surgery. Home in 4 days , climbing stairs .. no morphine at all , anytime. I go see my surgeon on the 26th and will be asking for this procedure as I suggest you do also 1BigDog.

Hope it works out for you and you're back on the bike quickly. That procedure TC's sister had sounds the way to go. Good luck with it.

All the best for your recovery. Sounds like you're dedicated to doing the procedure correctly. I might need my left knee done at some point but have been avoiding seeing the Dr.

Best luck in recovery, planning to do my knees this winter. My Rocket is parked for a couple months, I think, but for different reasons.

Thank you all for the well wishes. Left knee replacement should be in January. TC, I already had my right knee replaced a little over 2 years ago and its just great. I wanted both done at the same time but he would not do it. Seems the chances for infection are greater with having both done at the same time. Since my Dr went to Harvard ill take his advice......:eek:. Im hoping that therapy and some more weight loss will let me enjoy the bike into the frosty Florida winter.

And the bike is always on a Tender.

Back