Oxy sensor needed?

Okay, maybe I'm tired but after reading this I'm confused. Stock bike with O2 sensor = Tune ECU O2 sensor box [✓] or [ ]?

so here is a dumb question. When utilizing Custom maps with TunEcu should the Oxy sensor be bypassed?
The reasons I ask is that when I had the PCIII it was bypassed.
I removed that and got a tune or two from Hanso, BTW , thanks! Seems to run well for about 200 miles and then I’m back to the low end decal popping and it seems to be running real warm now.
Warm enough that the heat sheilds began to degrade and come of the bottom of the Bettle bags. I’m going to extend the exhaust past the bags to avoid that in the future.

Thoughts?
As for the cheap ass flimsy heat shields on the bottom of your beetle bags, they just won't stay on. I tried several different things but gave up and got some much thicker asbestos stuff from a welding supply store, cleaned the surface good, scuffed it good, then liberal rubber cement both surfaces, wait the 15 minutes and stuck them on. They haven't even thought about coming loose in 10,000 miles now. The stuff Corbin put on was just an idea really?:cautious: The locks aren't really locks either, just looks, but they are the best looking bags out there.:rolleyes:

I can't tell if it is hotter or not with bypass on and o2 ON. But mine had been acting up for a while with a case of the erratic throttle worse when hot. As last resource greased all accessible connectors with dielectric gunk and plugged in the bypass, which I had had for a while. That, plus a NEW TPS. OEM, never used.

With CatDelete, TOR and RamAir my triple piper R3 is now a joy to ride. I can apply throttle coming off a turn and know exactly what I'm going to get. Throttled her slowly to the rev limiter in 2nd 3rd. Never done that before. It went there and back several times. Nothing broke or went out of wack. Saturday in strapping her to a Dyno for a run.

If you can find an o2 eliminator, pug it in and check your o2 sensor on during your TUNE routing and let us know if you like it.

Last edited:
Back