Idle afr is too rich help needed.

flash

.040 Over
Ride
yamaha prohauler
Hi im trying to get my idle mixture to run leaner it sits on 11.01 to 1 . I have tried to adjust the F tables but no difference. I have read up on what i could find on the net , it mentions adjusting the L tables or eliminating the L tables all together . I have tried working out how to do this on tuneecu but have had no luck. Im hoping someone can help me out here. I have eliminated the O2 sensor and im running a turbo at 5 psi if that helps..Thanks.

The L tables govern fueling at low throttle positions e.g. idle.

What numbers you getting on throttle balance/ MAP screen?

Ok i checked the map reading and its showing 590 to 600. I disconnected the intake pipe coming from the turbo so its NA and i got the same reading. Perhaps my base tune is wrong ,? i have the 50020 tune in it.

Assuming you mean map 20050 :)
I hear there was a recall on an early rocket map, don't know if this was map 20050 or not. There is a later map listed for 'standard' Rocket III, map 20222. You could try that, assuming 20050 was the recalled map.

In any case you're running a different setup than any canned map, so the map will need adjustments.
If you reduce the numbers in the L tables around your idle rpm vs the 590-600 MAP area, this should increase your AFR at idle

upload_2019-9-21_9-15-2.png

Since you're going into low positive pressure it might work out better if you set the F-L switch to 0s and use only the F tables to tune. I don't know.

Last edited:
Thanks for that ill try doing those adjustments , the map 20050 was one i installed in the bike a while back but never checked the afrs , it did foul up the plugs so im guessing it was running too rich from before. Im not sure how to set the F/L switch to zero it wont allow me to edit that table for some reason. I may just end up reprogramming the map 20222 back on, and adjust that one if all else fails. Thanks for your help and input.

Hi guys just a quick question i have downloaded the factory tune and with using tunecu i raised the F trim levels by 45% it wont allow more . Its still running a bit lean in the 15 to 16 afrs .. Is there a way around this thanks..?.

So your idle (~850rpm) AFR was 11:1 too rich.
You reduced the numbers in the L tables, idle AFR leaned out to 14.5:1.
You then increased the numbers in the F tables and it runs lean 16:1.

I assume this 16:1 is up at higher revs, not at idle - what revs and boost are you talking?

If so, my guess would be your injectors are maxed out by ECU.
If this is the case, adding a power commander will allow you run the injectors a little higher %.
Or you could just upsize injectors and stick to TuneECU

So your idle (~850rpm) AFR was 11:1 too rich.
You reduced the numbers in the L tables, idle AFR leaned out to 14.5:1.
You then increased the numbers in the F tables and it runs lean 16:1.

I assume this 16:1 is up at higher revs, not at idle - what revs and boost are you talking?

If so, my guess would be your injectors are maxed out by ECU.
If this is the case, adding a power commander will allow you run the injectors a little higher %.
Or you could just upsize injectors and stick to TuneECU
Yes in the higher revs , im only running 5 psi boost , would changing the values in the F tables for each cylinder help. Why does tunecu not allow higher then 45% adjustment on the trim tables.,?

Back