Oxy sensor needed?

Boss man

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket3
so here is a dumb question. When utilizing Custom maps with TunEcu should the Oxy sensor be bypassed?
The reasons I ask is that when I had the PCIII it was bypassed.
I removed that and got a tune or two from Hanso, BTW , thanks! Seems to run well for about 200 miles and then I’m back to the low end decal popping and it seems to be running real warm now.
Warm enough that the heat sheilds began to degrade and come of the bottom of the Bettle bags. I’m going to extend the exhaust past the bags to avoid that in the future.

Thoughts?

So you didn't check the O2 box in that last tune did you, and you are still running the O2 eliminator plug I hope or did you remove it as I know the tune had the O2 sensor box unchecked

I did remove the o2 sensorvbypasa plug and reattached the sensor to factory harness. I don’t remember if the o2 sensor box was checked or unchecked in the last time. I will check. Shall I bypass the o2 sensor again? I guess I should have asked all this 1st.....details,details

I have the 02 sensor plug installed and the 02 sensor box checked. With the 02 sensor box unchecked the bike was backfiring a lot. :):):):):):):)

So you didn't check the O2 box in that last tune did you, and you are still running the O2 eliminator plug I hope or did you remove it as I know the tune had the O2 sensor box unchecked

Now i'm confused. The O2 sensor box should be checked off. I have not changed the connection to the sensor on the pipe. I do have the plug in that would "bypass" the original connection. The bike is finally running well after catching a cold in the Virginia hills.

Only If you are using a "O2 senor eliminator/ bypass" which tell the ECU that all is good so it does not need to change the fueling, then Yes you should have the O2 sensor box checked

Only If you are using a "O2 senor eliminator/ bypass" which tell the ECU that all is good so it does not need to change the fueling, then Yes you should have the O2 sensor box checked

O2 eliminator ON, O2 sensor checked ON. Review all settings, save, off, On, start, 12 min Tune. Too hot to ride.

Thanks for the clarification. I know one thing , if you use the last tune I got along with the o2 sensor the ole gal runs really warm! My left calf has never been that hot before in all the years owned her.

Back