Owner Review TFC

@Dr.D for the record, that is the correct color for that jacket.
Lol thanks but it did not match the bike well. Just some more of my over the top fashion nonsense. That is the warmest most serious coat I own and I bout it specifically for riding a bike without a windshield.

Good review Bro. There is a pretty big difference from "sport" mode to all the other modes. I know I was in "road" mode and thought it was lacking and when I put it in "sport" mode it woke up for sure. It's a fun ride.
Thanks for clearing that up. It makes sense. The Doc's TFC won't be as fast as his 14 Rocket but in Sports mode it should be closer.

Good review Bro. There is a pretty big difference from "sport" mode to all the other modes. I know I was in "road" mode and thought it was lacking and when I put it in "sport" mode it woke up for sure. It's a fun ride.
So do you think there is more power available in sport than in full throttle road?` In other words is the ECU tune mapping different for parameters to produce more overall power or is it a trick of throttle map setting?

So do you think there is more power available in sport than in full throttle road?` In other words is the ECU tune mapping different for parameters to produce more overall power or is it a trick of throttle map setting?
I can't say for sure other than I could light the tire in sport mode and banging into second was a lot more fun. I would have to get use to the bike more before playing hard in the twisties. There is more there in sport mode for sure.

I can't say for sure other than I could light the tire in sport mode and banging into second was a lot more fun. I would have to get use to the bike more before playing hard in the twisties. There is more there in sport mode for sure.
The traction control allows more wheel slip in sport. So more power could be being delivered to the wheel. On rider configurable you can disable all TC. I will try the sport mode this weekend if I can get out weather permitting. Yes playing the twisties needs careful use of the right hand on a bike this powerful with the TC turned to a less restrictive position.

Regardless of settings it will not out run my old bike. The launch on the new one might give it a head start but after I wind out third I am sure the old one will be in the lead that will not be surrendered especially since it is limited to 185 mph and other one to 138. I do however think max engine power is only one part of the total enjoyment of a motorcycle.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Pretty soon all we will have to do is mount up, select go and the machine will do it all. Can’t wait for the braking being taken over, too close to someone brake, out of lane with no signal brake, it thinks you’re going to fast brake. Soon automatics will only be available for purchase. Safety first guys, all this tech is for our own good.

Back