On/Off Switch 2020 GT.

sonnie

.060 Over
Ride
rocket 3 GT,
My local Triumph dealer says to leave the On/Off switch on the left side under the tank in the ON position all the time, and never turn it off.
They say Triumph recommends this. WHY did they put that switch on the bike if it was never intended to be used as a switch. I don't know if its only on USA models
due to government regulations like burning headlights during the day etc. I know bikes sold in the USA are required to have a kill switch on all models. If that's the case, its an odd
place to put it.

My local Triumph dealer says to leave the On/Off switch on the left side under the tank in the ON position all the time, and never turn it off.
They say Triumph recommends this. WHY did they put that switch on the bike if it was never intended to be used as a switch. I don't know if its only on USA models
due to government regulations like burning headlights during the day etc. I know bikes sold in the USA are required to have a kill switch on all models. If that's the case, its an odd
place to put it.
Just got the official answer to the above directly from the area Triumph Rep for this area.. The On/Off switch was added to USA models as an afterthought due to
USA regs. All bikes sold in the USA are required to have one.. They are usually found on the right handlebar switch pod, but Triumph made the decision to just create
the new switch without having to produce two different sets of switch pods .. Makes NO difference if the switch is left ON or Off when the bike is parked.

My service tech told me to leave it on all the time. He said something about after warmup if it is turned off it might not provide a proper starting map for a warm start.

I don’t chance it so I just leave it on.

A few times I have forgotten to turn the key off and come back to a flat battery.
Such is life.🤡🤡
What do you mean when you say "turn the key off"?
I switch the ignition off via the ignition/start switch, hit the lock button and walk away. Never had an issue with flat or even low battery..

I switch the ignition off via the ignition/start switch, hit the lock button and walk away. Never had an issue with flat or even low battery..
I think he is referring to the key FOB that has the red/green go button. Some say the key should be turned off and turn red before leaving the bike for any period of time.
If left green it supposedly is still sending a start signal to the bike.???

As in go to mates place or my own place ride up the drive while still in gear put the Stand down and get off the bike. Don't touch the key.

Or park it at the Motorbike drag meeting for 3 hours and wonder what happened to my keys found them still in the bike🤔🤔

As in go to mates place or my own place ride up the drive while still in gear put the Stand down and get off the bike. Don't touch the key.

Or park it at the Motorbike drag meeting for 3 hours and wonder what happened to my keys found them still in the bike🤔🤔
Yeah, well that would kill my battery too for sure.. But i usually take the lit display (and DRL lights/rear lights) still on as a hint :cool:

I think he is referring to the key FOB that has the red/green go button. Some say the key should be turned off and turn red before leaving the bike for any period of time.
If left green it supposedly is still sending a start signal to the bike.???
The Fob only works if you're within 1 meter of the bike so really doesn't matter if you turn it on or off when you walk away. Some folks think it saves the battery in the Fob, while that may be, my fob for my 2018 tiger is still on the original battery.

The Fob only works if you're within 1 meter of the bike so really doesn't matter if you turn it on or off when you walk away. Some folks think it saves the battery in the Fob, while that may be, my fob for my 2018 tiger is still on the original battery.
Triumph has done some very strange things on the new Rocket.. It has a kill switch on the handlebar, it has another one on USA models under the left side of the seat, and it has an on/off switch on the key FOB.. No wonder the dealer told me soooo many people were having trouble starting their new bikes.. AND on top of all that, the side stand must be up
and the clutch in. All five functions are required to start the bike. A simple key switch would have been nice.

Back