Oils ain’t oils sol!

Rotella T T6 Full synthetic oil. 5-40

Using in my eco diesel as a replacement to a lighter euro oil. Exceeds the requirements shown for the Rocket.

Turbocharged engines, with their higher temperature operating ranges and extreme heat turbochargers demand a high quality oil. Rotella is easy to find.

I run regular Rotella conventional oil in my Cummins and in my two Kubotas. Probably switch to the T6 oil.

Using in my eco diesel as a replacement to a lighter euro oil. Exceeds the requirements shown for the Rocket.

Turbocharged engines, with their higher temperature operating ranges and extreme heat turbochargers demand a high quality oil. Rotella is easy to find.

I run regular Rotella conventional oil in my Cummins and in my two Kubotas. Probably switch to the T6 oil.

Does it have a 4T rating?

That was my next question!.....and where do you put the lube for the chain? I can’t find my chain anywhere.
Laugh - but MANY years ago I was stopped by a zealous policeman under the pretext of having a loose drive chain - on a Shaft Drive Guzzi.
I was feeling calm and wasted a good 10 minutes of his time - before his training sergeant walked over to see what was happening - I was then saluted and dismissed.

Rotella T6 in the Wings, VFR, Scrambler and now the Rocket. Been using Mobil 1 or Rotella for the last 25years.

I am no oil expert.
So I ask what is the best criteria for an oil change-- Time, miles or both?
For example I like to change the oil yearly or every 3000 miles which ever comes first.
But synthetic may be more stable in the time line and or Miles. At $80+ an oil change I'd like to be able to stretch it, but not at the expense of the engine!
Any input on this? Thanks! :)

And I have Mobil 1 4T in my Touring at the moment.

Does it have a 4T rating?

Unsure about T4 rating. It meets JASO MA ratings for wet motorcycle clutches. Used it in a Goldwing as well.

Back