Oils ain’t oils sol!

Penrite in Australia always for me........ doing an oil change soon on the rocket thinking of using the Racing 15/50 have always used it in various different bikes and never had an issue. Triumph shop near me swear by Castrol..... I use that in my cars but only ever tried it once in a bike it was a Kwaka 1000 GTR very hot running bike and it didn't like it gear change became clunky.

This is a heck of a lot of reading so don't open it if ya don't have a spare hour of boredom........ I read this a while ago and basically the bloke says buy the oil recommended for the bike regardless of brand name, don't change it too early as that is a waste of money and don't change it late as the oil starts to break down after its recommended period. That's it in a nutshell really but maybe there are some techsperts here who like this stuff!!

Used Oil Analysis: How to decide what is normal - Bob is the Oil Guy

I'm using Amsoil 20-50 full syntec. Was using Motul, found it shifted hard. Now with Amsoil its shifts much smoother. Time will tell with duration. Will report after next 10,000Km .

Saturday March 31. Just got in from the first ride of 2018. A bit cold but can live with it. Amsoil seems to be a great oil. Shifting is absolutely improved. The new tune and tors exhaust are another absolute improvement. Going to get dyno done soon.

Last edited:
I'm using Amsoil 20-50 full syntec. Was using Motul, found it shifted hard. Now with Amsoil its shifts much smoother. Time will tell with duration. Will report after next 10,000Km .
Ive never used the 20w50 Amsoil but heard good things its supposed to have a range of goodies in it.

Still using the Castrol 4T Full Synthetic Racing Oil in the recommended weight. I get a 6 pack off Amazon. It gets changed once a season in the fall.

Back