Let me make this easy for you.
Nearly all motorcycle external oil filters that are not for Suzukis or HD fit the same bikes.

They all have the same sealing diameter, as well as thread diameter and pitch. Suzuki uses a 1.0 thread pitch, and everything else uses a 1.25 pitch.

If you are not going to use the longer Purolator Pure One filter, use the EMGO microglass filter. Get as much filtration and flow as possible for your hard earned money, and a bypass valve that doesn't open until it should.

In the shop, I stock K&N filters for HD in black and chrome (the EMGO filter is actually a better unit), and two EMGO microglass part numbers. One for Suzuki, and one for everything else.

I highly recommend the EMGO microglass (not the paper media) filters. The filter media is excellent, and the flow rate and bypass valve are top shelf, but the price is reasonable - especially if you shop around. We actually see a hp difference from improved flow on high revving sport bikes.

I hope this helps.

Hard to say if this is the micro glass version as it does not state such!

I bought a Bosch 3323 for my R3T, and it worked great for a few days but now I have oil leaking from it. Has anyone had issues with the Mobile 1 filters or is the Yamaha linked above the best filter? Since I just changed the oil a week ago is there safe way to replace the filter without having to do a complete oil change?

Anyone try this one? Hiflofiltro HC204RC

Amazon.com: Hiflofiltro (HF204RC) RC Racing Oil Filter: Automotive

I bought a Bosch 3323 for my R3T, and it worked great for a few days but now I have oil leaking from it. Has anyone had issues with the Mobile 1 filters or is the Yamaha linked above the best filter? Since I just changed the oil a week ago is there safe way to replace the filter without having to do a complete oil change?

Got a block and tackle? - hang it from the rafters and the oil won't come out. ;):D

My best guess. As most of the oil is in the tank, run the bike briefly so engine pumps up excess in the sump to the tank. If you pre-clean the area around filter, DO NOT open oil tank filler, jack the front of the bike up, AND prime a filter ready to QUICKLY screw on, then unscrew the fitted one and swap w/o losing TOO much oil.

If you pre-clean the area around filter, DO NOT open oil tank filler, jack the front of the bike up, AND prime a filter ready to QUICKLY screw on, then unscrew the fitted one and swap w/o losing TOO much oil.

Thanks for the advice. I can't imagine getting that done smoothly....

Some of the older filters don't work anymore because of a redesign. Basically got rid of the dish in the face which on some Rocket engines for sure doesn't seal properly.

Yes what a pain the redesign seams to be almost industry wide. They changed the indent in the thread area from concave to convex. Now the convex won't let the filter screw down tight enough to prevent oil leaking around the outer seal. BAD IDEA OIL FILTER INDUSTRY ! :banghead: Any filter you buy for the Rocket has to be concave due to the big nut head on the pipe nipple the filter threads to.

I've been using Purolator P14612 and P14610. If they are painted white they could be concave. Look closely. If they are painted red, forget it. All of the red ones I have looked at are convex on won't seal.

Last edited:
Im still using a car Filter on mine and after 60000 klm my bike hasnt randomly burst into flames

Back