Oil change then check engine light

Greg Grobe

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Roadster
Changed my oil today and when finished, I started the bike, it ran kinda rough and then a check engine light came on. Used 5 quarts of Castrol power RS 4T racing oil in 10w40 and a Triumph OEM filter. Any thoughts? :(

do you have tune ecu or tuneboy (see what the error code is)?

also did you wick the filter with oil before fitting it

do you have tune ecu or tuneboy (see what the error code is)?

also did you wick the filter with oil before fitting it
Yea I did wick the filter. No, I don't have a tune boy or a tune ECU. I disconnected the battery and let it sit for 10 mins and when I hooked it back up and started it the check engine light is gone. Beats me on what it could be. Every once and awhile when I start this thing it hiccups a bit then flattens out. First time I've had a check engine light though.

Could be something simple like the vacuum tubes cracked or a little loose on the MAP sensor

Could be something simple like the vacuum tubes cracked or a little loose on the MAP sensor
Its a 2013 with only 5000 miles on it, i cant imagine its something like that , but ill check those lines and see. Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it. Enjoy your evening.

Greg

Hmmmmm, ok. I'll check it out. I've heard from more than one person that Triumph has problems with their quality control.

HELL YOU WANT QUALITY CONTROL BUY A $UCKING HARLEY. The Rocket X I bought in Oct of 2015 and now has 16.000 miles has not given me a lick of problems.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back