Oil warning light

Karl Tyrson

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
Greetins everyone
Mine is a 05R3. I bought it from some dude 2 years ago, and I have been dealing with many lack of service issues, from gas pump change and so on. The former owner barely used it, left aside servicing it properly. A couple of weeks ago the bike started stalling and farting a lot, then the oil/temp light went on so we ran to the workshop. Dude thought it was a flamed valve, but luckily it was only the gas pump and the gas filter. changed both and the bike runs so smooth and feels stronger. new synth oil and stuff. Headed for the road for a short ride and about 10 minutes out of the city, about 120 kph the temp/oil light came on. I pulled over, turn bike off and waited a couple of minutes, turned it on again and light went off. headed back home and no warning light whatsoever. two day ago I went the same way. It take about 30 minutes on moderate traffic to be able to get on open road. the whole time it went smooth. but on onpen road again, over 100 kph at 3000 revs sudddenly warning night came on again. same procedure. another 30 minutes home and the light stayed off. Today, same story. oil is at level, fans come up at 99 centigrades, it cools donw to 96 and goes off. radiator liquid is full. Ran TUNE ECU and there was no code, only one about the fuel level sensor circuit malfunction, but no other error code whatsoever. It seems to have a little issue with the radiator liquid not circulating properly, but the arrow in the warning light indicates an oil issue not a temp. It seems pretty strange that on low speed and intense heat it works fine but at high speed, cool air around and stuff and it goes on. I thought could be the oil pressute pump but the tune ecu won´t tell anything about it.
Any guidance will be much appreciated.
best Regards

Are you sure that oil is on level? Oil check has to be done the bike standing upright, not standing on its sidestand.
Regards, Georg

Are you sure that oil is on level? Oil check has to be done the bike standing upright, not standing on its sidestand.
Regards, Georg
Greetins everyone
Mine is a 05R3. I bought it from some dude 2 years ago, and I have been dealing with many lack of service issues, from gas pump change and so on. The former owner barely used it, left aside servicing it properly. A couple of weeks ago the bike started stalling and farting a lot, then the oil/temp light went on so we ran to the workshop. Dude thought it was a flamed valve, but luckily it was only the gas pump and the gas filter. changed both and the bike runs so smooth and feels stronger. new synth oil and stuff. Headed for the road for a short ride and about 10 minutes out of the city, about 120 kph the temp/oil light came on. I pulled over, turn bike off and waited a couple of minutes, turned it on again and light went off. headed back home and no warning light whatsoever. two day ago I went the same way. It take about 30 minutes on moderate traffic to be able to get on open road. the whole time it went smooth. but on onpen road again, over 100 kph at 3000 revs sudddenly warning night came on again. same procedure. another 30 minutes home and the light stayed off. Today, same story. oil is at level, fans come up at 99 centigrades, it cools donw to 96 and goes off. radiator liquid is full. Ran TUNE ECU and there was no code, only one about the fuel level sensor circuit malfunction, but no other error code whatsoever. It seems to have a little issue with the radiator liquid not circulating properly, but the arrow in the warning light indicates an oil issue not a temp. It seems pretty strange that on low speed and intense heat it works fine but at high speed, cool air around and stuff and it goes on. I thought could be the oil pressute pump but the tune ecu won´t tell anything about it.
Any guidance will be much appreciated.
best Regards
Sounds like it could be a faulty oil pressure switch.

Back