I agree. I was scared riding mine back from the dealer, and I had lots of road experience. I still find myself in in situations that take all my skill and knowledge to control the bike. My son has no fear. and that makes him dangerous.

Sorry if this reply pisses you off but you did ask for people's opinions.

Even more important than no fear is he has no money! Personally I feel NO children should be given cars or bikes that they haven't earnt the money to buy and operate themselves. Unless millionaires or drug dealers it generally forces them to compromise and buy something appropriate for a learner i.e. less power and cost. They then learn to operate, PAY for, and maybe even service their own vehicles which should make them value them more! It sounds like with a 3 year of his own he should be starting to take responsibility and pay for his own family and past-times.

Skipping all that he is in NO WAY capable of riding any high powered bike even your ex-Sabre without far more experience than he has, especially if he has an obvious 'attitude problem'. Final.

I AGREE WITH THOSE ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION. AFTER ALL, IT IS YOUR SON. YOUR JOB WILL ALWAYS BE TO TAKE CARE OF HIM WHEN YOU CAN.................

Even more important than no fear is he has no money! Personally I feel NO children should be given cars or bikes that they haven't earnt the money to buy and operate themselves. Unless millionaires or drug dealers it generally forces them to compromise and buy something appropriate for a learner i.e. less power and cost. They then learn to operate, PAY for, and maybe even service their own vehicles which should make them value them more! It sounds like with a 3 year of his own he should be starting to take responsibility and pay for his own family and past-times.

Skipping all that he is in NO WAY capable of riding any high powered bike even your ex-Sabre without far more experience than he has, especially if he has an obvious 'attitude problem'. Final.
Your not pissing me off. Seems you agree with me. I have friends who ride M109's and Goldwings who will not ride my bike. It scares them. We are a very unique breed.

Great answer :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A story from the late 80's when I worked at a Kawasaki dealer. A kid came in (19-20ish) and wanted to buy a brand new Ninja ZX-10. in showing him the bike we were talking and he told me he just got his license the day previous, and he had never even rode a dirt bike. I flat out told him that he was not ready for this bike and I would happily show him the 600's or something else that he could start on.

Well he got pissed off at me and left the store. 2 days later he was the front page of the news, he had went down the street to the Suzuki dealership and bought him self a brand new GSR 1100, and within 3 hours of the purchase had jumped the curb and hit a power pole head on at speeds the cops estimated at 180kph+.

When your young your bulletproof in your mind, and have no real ideas about mortality. I really feel that someone should step in and make sure young riders do not become statistics.

My first street bike was a Suzuki 250 enduro which I had for about 2 weeks before I traded it in on a 1982 Kawasaki LTD 1000, so I may be throwing stones in a Glass house here, but that being said I had also been Riding Dirt bikes since I was 5 years old, so had Hundreds of hours on two wheels.

My son has a Triumph TT600 that is his starter bike, and hes had the benefit of me telling him for 18 years that you need to respect your bike and drive like no one can see you. And hes been really responsible so far, for which I'm very grateful.

A story from the late 80's when I worked at a Kawasaki dealer. A kid came in (19-20ish) and wanted to buy a brand new Ninja ZX-10. in showing him the bike we were talking and he told me he just got his license the day previous, and he had never even rode a dirt bike. I flat out told him that he was not ready for this bike and I would happily show him the 600's or something else that he could start on.

Well he got pissed off at me and left the store. 2 days later he was the front page of the news, he had went down the street to the Suzuki dealership and bought him self a brand new GSR 1100, and within 3 hours of the purchase had jumped the curb and hit a power pole head on at speeds the cops estimated at 180kph+.

When your young your bulletproof in your mind, and have no real ideas about mortality. I really feel that someone should step in and make sure young riders do not become statistics.

My first street bike was a Suzuki 250 enduro which I had for about 2 weeks before I traded it in on a 1982 Kawasaki LTD 1000, so I may be throwing stones in a Glass house here, but that being said I had also been Riding Dirt bikes since I was 5 years old, so had Hundreds of hours on two wheels.

My son has a Triumph TT600 that is his starter bike, and hes had the benefit of me telling him for 18 years that you need to respect your bike and drive like no one can see you. And hes been really responsible so far, for which I'm very grateful.

Back