No more Rockets for Australia

For me the decision to buy or not to buy hinges on ONE thing and only ONE thing if they release another 2294cc or greater triple bike:

Rim Size.

Mark my words, if they release another bike with autistic rim sizes, I'll boycott Triumph forever more. It needs to fit a 200/55R17, 200/60R17, or 240/40R18, if those tires won't work, the bike is doomed imho.

Well you click on Cruisers on the Triumph Australia site now and then on the Rocket and it defaults to other bikes. Only way to look at a Rocket on the site is to go to offers and they state it is now only $23 490.
When I was first prompted to start this thread, there was only the Thunderbird option to select after clicking Cruisers... I see that now the Rocket option has now returned and defaults to other bikes as you said.
The ticket price has been AU$23,490 for many years, don't see how thats a reduced price on clearence stock... I got my last one new in 2014 with colour coded red striped flyscreen, longhaul seat and a t-shirt thrown in for $20,900 ride away.

Edited: Tors not included.

Last edited:
Still at odds over the end of the Rocket. Don't want a bike with a lot of gizmos and toys. $ell i really like the Rocket X. Best bike i have ever owned. No frills or toys just a good looking bike with a attitude. The way it should be. From the looks of it Truimph is interested in attracting a different crowd now days. One look at the new Bonneville's will tell you were they are heading. Even their advertisement push towards the in crowd. #ell I wear baggy pants and over sized T-shirts not tight fitting jeans and skin tight shirts. Don't have any slick looking blonds hanging on me either. Way to old for all the above but do know what i like in a bike. Funny thing is when i see what i like i get it. Money ain't a issue. Saw the ad for the X and bought it a few weeks later. No little tight pants or little girls with nice butts in the ad . Just a bike. Just a bike that spoke for itself. I am afraid the next one will need all the props since it will more than likely be missing in other categories. Count me out. Any body got a 2016 roadster for sell?:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Forgot to add "do you want me to tell you how i really feel":roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

When I was first prompted to start this thread, there was only the Thunderbird option to select after clicking Cruisers... I see that now the Rocket option has now returned and defaults to other bikes as you said.
The ticket price has been AU$23,490 for many years, don't see how thats a reduced price on clearence stock... I got my last one new in 2014 with tors, colour coded red striped flyscreen, longhaul seat and a t-shirt thrown in for $20,900 ride away.

Mine was $23,490 ride away in 2012

I remember they cleared out all remaining matt black 2010's and 2011's for AU$19,990 back in 2012... I was interested in the roadster with the Blue Haze paint scheme at the time but the ticket price was from memory over $25k... $24.490 was the best they'd go. I traded up my 2010 touring for the 2012 Touring instead for $23,990.

Last edited:
I remember they cleared out all remaining matt black 2010's and 2011's for AU$19,990 back in 2012... I was interested in the Blue Haze paint scheme at the time but the ticket price was $24,490 from memory... I ended up with getting the 2012 Touring ABS for $23,490.

You should have gotten the blue bike.
Just saying they stand out from the crowd.

Back