No more Rockets for Australia

I stopped by the local Triumph dealer today. The owner told me he has been informed no more Rockets as we know them. We lamented together about the poor choice Triumph made by only offering one color (two tones of black) since 2010. He said he could have probably sold a lot more if he had some color choices.

A little later their sales manager who gets sent out to all the Triumph training and launch events came over and very quitly told me when he was at a recent launch event he overheard 2 Triumph top brass buys talking about the new bike replacing the Rocket. It will have ride by wire, cruise, ABS and all the bells and whistles and ......... it will be a triple 2800 cc engine. They will be launched in October of ths year. He asked me if I would buy one. I told him YES !

I stopped by the local Triumph dealer today. The owner told me he has been informed no more Rockets as we know them. We lamented together about the poor choice Triumph made by only offering one color (two tones of black) since 2010. He said he could have probably sold a lot more if he had some color choices.

A little later their sales manager who gets sent out to all the Triumph training and launch events came over and very quitly told me when he was at a recent launch event he overheard 2 Triumph top brass buys talking about the new bike replacing the Rocket. It will have ride by wire, cruise, ABS and all the bells and whistles and ......... it will be a triple 2800 cc engine. They will be launched in October of ths year. He asked me if I would buy one. I told him YES !

I’m a little sceptical not about what you heard but about the merits of it. Having worked in these industries all my life the one thing that is the most precious of all things to manufactures is letting slip even the most minute details of a new model launch before the press launch happens. Think apple , tens of thousands of employees yet rarely a mumour until the official press releases. I too was in Leicester , very close to Hinkley this year and met some top brass ‘in the know’. They confided that conceptually the R3R replacement will be less of a “Balls out” Rocket like ours and more of a Goldwing competitor.
We’ll just have to wait and see , one thing I would say is that typically and I mean almost always , any employee that does have access to R&D info’ and says literally anything about it will summarily dismissed when found out. This information is deemed about the most precious and secretive information in the industry. I doubt anyone who really knows will be saying anything at all.

If true . . .
HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neener1.jpg Thumbs-Up.jpg

Bill, @Idaho Red Rocket 3
I have a motor fatality case to investigate in the Tri Cities. The plan is to ride there with the lawyer and friend I'm working with likely within the next 10 days or so.
I reckon to ride down there, spend a day working the scene and then taking some of the left over time I had planned for Stearns to go for a ride somewhere.
You have any time off coming round? Would be nice to see youse again.

Day to day Steve. Working on call. Worked 3 days last week and 2 days week before. However I did go to Hermiston twice during those 2 weeks.

Bill, @Idaho Red Rocket 3
I have a motor fatality case to investigate in the Tri Cities. The plan is to ride there with the lawyer and friend I'm working with likely within the next 10 days or so.
I reckon to ride down there, spend a day working the scene and then taking some of the left over time I had planned for Stearns to go for a ride somewhere.
You have any time off coming round? Would be nice to see youse again.
Let me know when you are comming through.

It will have ride by wire, cruise, ABS and all the bells and whistles and ......... it will be a triple 2800 cc engine. They will be launched in October of ths year. He asked me if I would buy one. I told him YES !

If this is true, and it is more hooligan than touring, my '16 will be on a showroom floor for sale after i trade it in.

Thankfully I kept all the stock parts to put back on it.

Well you click on Cruisers on the Triumph Australia site now and then on the Rocket and it defaults to other bikes. Only way to look at a Rocket on the site is to go to offers and they state it is now only $23 490.

Back