No more Rockets for Australia

I'm OK with the electronics as long as it isn't required to be ON for the bike to run correctly. Let them be help aids when you want them.

I know these rumor threads get a bit tedious and of course a lot of folks have the 'inside scoop'...but :) I do have a lead that describes the Rocket replacement as being conceptually quite different ( I only mention this because I agree our Rockets might be very desirable after this change). The concept seems to be going towards a Triumph version of the Goldwing as opposed to the 'balls out' Rockets we own and love.
time will tell I guess...

A dealer i was at recently hasn't been able to order a Roadster for a while ... he is also of the opinion that 'we' are likely to know about any new R3 development well before the dealer networks are informed. He cited several customers telling about the withdrawal of T-Birds ftom sale some months before Triumph officially let him know.

When I had my chance with a Triumph Rep a few years ago I told him we wanted 4 versions of the new bike. I said a Standard, a light touring, a full blown cross continent tourer like the GW with a factory matching trailer available and then an ultimate hooligan bike with over 200 HP.

May be Triumph will give us multiple versions of it as time goes on like they have done with the new Bonneville line.

Back