Newbie Question: key ring and fuel gauge

Olivier Delannoy

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi everyone, just got a 2015 R3 Roadster. As for many others, I took a test ride and decided this beast was for me. I love the combination of smoothness and power and yet requiring some serious fighting skills to go fast on twisties. But I have a naive question: since the key hole is ahead of the handlebars surrounded by lots of chrome, I am hesitant to put my key on key ring which could leave scratch marks. Any clever suggestion or key ring model which would work?

On a different topic, I filled the gast tank to its limit using a container at home, and yet the gauge does not indicate a full tank after 10 minutes riding; just 3/4th full. Should I get the fuel gauge sensor changed under warranty?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Attachments

• IMG_2736.JPG
    IMG_2736.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 1
The guage will read correctly after running for a few minutes. Sorta threw me at first too

For ultimate scratch resistance... go keyless @DEcosse makes a kick@ss system. Then get a keyless gas cap

The fuel gauge is a common "feature" for the most part. Mine will take between 1-4 miles to show the right level when I fill it all the way to the collar.

Hi everyone, just got a 2015 R3 Roadster. As for many others, I took a test ride and decided this beast was for me. I love the combination of smoothness and power and yet requiring some serious fighting skills to go fast on twisties. But I have a naive question: since the key hole is ahead of the handlebars surrounded by lots of chrome, I am hesitant to put my key on key ring which could leave scratch marks. Any clever suggestion or key ring model which would work?

On a different topic, I filled the gast tank to its limit using a container at home, and yet the gauge does not indicate a full tank after 10 minutes riding; just 3/4th full. Should I get the fuel gauge sensor changed under warranty?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
For ultimate scratch resistance... go keyless @DEcosse makes a kick@ss system. Then get a keyless gas cap

The fuel gauge is a common "feature" for the most part. Mine will take between 1-4 miles to show the right level when I fill it all the way to the collar.

Thanks for this clever idea, but I just found a cheaper yet less appealing alternative with the Kodakey.

+++++ 1 on that solves everything

Contact @DEcosse and upgrade to his keyless IGN - a great bit of kit. Fuel gauge - yep get the dealer to look at it as it may need adjusting but the gauge response is poor at best I installed a Fuelbot 2.0 to my R3 and gives me accurate distance to empty

Back