New Rocket 3 owner, need some pointers for mods

Welcome aboard from Christchurch New Zealand....you just opened up a huge can of worms my friend!.....i hope you have a pen and paper ready and a big tin of cash....we will help you spend it no worries!
Before you make any decisions on your exhaust system you must talk to Paul Bryant (Viking Exhausts) on this forum...he is the master...
Enjoy the bike and the forum.

Welcome from Spain.

Before doing the typical M/C rider thing and attacking the engine - Sort the ruddy suspension and (if you ride much at night) the inadequate headlights. That'll hurt your wallet for a while. Also save some pennies for new tyres - because the originals won't last long.

Changing exhausts and filters WILL require modifying the ECU. We all take it a bit for granted as it's part of the life on here.
But realise you will need either a Dyno expert or a Power Commander with Autotune or similar. Just saying!.

WELCOME to ya, from WA State!
Listen to @barbagris.
Break your new motor in first and address the needed handling improvements first.

Your headlights are dangerous and should be replaced first thing.
The OEM shockies suck! Recommend that for #2.
The Metzeler tires also royally suck! B-stone Exedra Max rear is a must for #3.
A smaller front tire will improve handling-140/78R17 or even better, a Michelin Road 5 rear in 150/70ZR17 run reverse.
This is a good start . . . To begin with. . .

Hi and welcome from the UK.Shame you can't get some riding in before the mods which will make you smile and then just as you thought it couldn't get any better next level.Enjoy the ride it's life time guaranteed:thumbsup:

Hey there, I just purchased a 2018 R3 today, and will be picking it up this weekend. I live in Northern New York, so I have a couple of months to do some modding :eek::thumbsdown: riding season. I’m wondering where to start for an exhaust, because the stock one is too much chrome and I also like loud things. So if anybody has any pointers on where to look or what companies make quality items, I’d love to know!
Hold on to that wallet! Its about to get a beating.:eek::eek::eek:

Screenshot_20190115-164009.png
Any relation?

Back