New Rocket 3 owner, need some pointers for mods

smither_me_timbers

Standard Bore
Ride
2018 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Hey there, I just purchased a 2018 R3 today, and will be picking it up this weekend. I live in Northern New York, so I have a couple of months to do some modding before riding season. I’m wondering where to start for an exhaust, because the stock one is too much chrome and I also like loud things. So if anybody has any pointers on where to look or what companies make quality items, I’d love to know!

Another welcome from South Australia.
There are many options for exhausts. Take a look through the forum and you will get a good idea.
Air intake is another important thing to change especially if you change the exhaust. Ramair or K&N seem to be the go with a few others also recommended.
With just those two mods you will pick up about 40 rwhp (if tuned).
Engine work is far more expensive. Look at the photos on here for cosmetic changes.
You have a blank canvas to work on.

Hey there, I just purchased a 2018 R3 today, and will be picking it up this weekend. I live in Northern New York, so I have a couple of months to do some modding before riding season. I’m wondering where to start for an exhaust, because the stock one is too much chrome and I also like loud things. So if anybody has any pointers on where to look or what companies make quality items, I’d love to know!

Best options in my opinion:

CES system
Viking Exhaust system
Carpenter Racing has 2 systems
@ozrider also has exhaust systems

Viking exhaust @Paul Bryant has way more of a flexible system....he can tailor a system to your desired specs. Take a look at them all and pick your flavor.

They are all more or less similar in price from what I've heard.

You will need Ramair or K&N pods and a tune, preferably on a dyno.

Welcome from Indiana and this group will make all your 2 wheeled dreams come true.

ONE DOWN FIVE UP.JPG

Back