...i'll have one!...
as far as pillions go, someone asked me where my lady sits on my Roadster cos i have a corbin solo seat and i said "At Home!"...best place for her!!........'Dont go so fast!'..."Why dont you use your indicator?"..."I need to pee!"..."My hands are cold!"..."Does she always ride with you guys?"...'
"Her bum looks disgusting hanging over the back of the bike like that!"..."Wouldnt want to bump into him in a dark alley!"..."Your jacket smells!"..."OHHH a bug hit me in the face!!"..."my chin strap's too tight!"...'Why are we stopping here?"...and on it goes till i have a bloody headache!
:roll::roll: Sounds familiar Tally ! I was stupid enough to buy a rider to pillion intercom , when reality struck home I had to say they won't fit our helmets , the intercom hasn't left it's box . ;)

Yes I know that rake is the steering head angle, and I know what trail is ......
But you still have not explained this axle position.

Moving the axle rearward increases the trail and slows down handling. Perhaps decreasing the rake 4° made it handle too skittery, so they increased trail by relocating the axle behind the fork tubes.

I am really looking forward to some actual riding reviews. Specially from someone who has upgraded power and suspension on their current rocket. I think you are going to love it even more after you see how it performs. Have gotten tired of some of the negative opinions based on looks alone. I never would have bought my current rocket if it wasn't for YouTube videos of people telling how much of a blast it was to ride.

I am really looking forward to some actual riding reviews. Specially from someone who has upgraded power and suspension on their current rocket. I think you are going to love it even more after you see how it performs. Have gotten tired of some of the negative opinions based on looks alone. I never would have bought my current rocket if it wasn't for YouTube videos of people telling how much of a blast it was to ride.
No F---in chit!!!!!!!! I'm shocked at the negativity but then again I do see it if you think the older Rockets are pretty to look at. I bought my "ugly" Roadster solely because of the motor and I tolerated the looks. Now after some time I have come to like the look of the bike but I like this new one a lot better.

I have done performance and suspension mods on my bike , which turned an inexpensive bike into a money pit, so it will not be stock comparison. I expect the new bike to still handle better but see the old 203 hp Rocket winning in a straight line race. I will try and give an honest review but I fear i may be seeing the new bike in rose colored glasses.:rolleyes:

The 'ugly' part is what grabbed me first. The stocky stance and size of the engine was second. I may not buy the new Rocket the first year but if the reviews are positive from the members that ride or buy one I probably will end up with one sooner than later. I'm getting that weird feeling run down my leg just thinking about it. Excuse me......

The old/current rocket was a major shock to the biker world with its huge engine. I guess some expected a Even bolder statement and exhibition of muscle. Maybe 3 LITRE. How much more engine would we get for the 30KG in weight loss. I guess the emissions counters would stop this. Maybe we need to follow the car industry . Smaller engines boosted by turbos :)
Gotta think if we can get huge increases in hp on the old rocket. What can we do on the new one :)

Gotta think if we can get huge increases in hp on the old rocket. What can we do on the new one :)

I'm beginning to think that we hotrod artists may have to leave the new one pretty much alone. Very very sad......:(

This bike is almost a big computer. It's not just the RBW bit.... the ECU (now a CPU!!!) will be taking signals from quite a variety of performance areas, engine AND chassis, and determining what resultant engine, braking, and cornering performance it will allow us in each particular area. (All this is probably "a good thing"......)

Any attempts to muck around with fuelling and/or ignition for engine performance will upset the balance of traction control (braking, cornering, as well as acceleration) determined with the IMU and the CPU programming, and I am starting to think that it will not be possible to just up the engine performance without upsetting the whole stability/handling caboose.

And if one starts playing with the ECU/CPU, what about the cruise control, hill hold, fob, quickshifter functions... and there are maybe others I haven't thought of. Wonder (shudder) if it's Canbus wired?

But what would I know???? All shall be revealed...... couple of weeks to go.......

Back