New R3 Production Model

We are assuming as my understanding is TFC in the states will be around $30,000. Regular Rockets MSRP were like $15,500 or so. So giving a price increase on MSRP I figured $10,000...could be more. Harley's CVO's are always 10G or more over the regular model.

ok, i'm with you......a 2018 Rocket here is $NZ28.500...... top of the line Triumph...which is the Tiger with all the fruit, is about $NZ34,000....
I'm thinking a production Rocket might be around $NZ37-$NZ38...?..Dunno. Really looking forward to seeing these bikes tho.

A GT is NOT - I repeat NOT, and never has been, a "tourer."

Designed to do a->b fast, in comfort: Generally a 2+2 at most.
But one stayed in fine hotels and often one's luggage was sent on ahead.

This (chosen at random) is more of a GT really.

mpp-MPP_OVERVIEW_SIDE-my19_concours_14_abs@2x.jpg

Not so sure..the 2019 Yamaha Tracer GT is defined as a Tourer....it just has a lot more bells and whistles..
What it is called and what it is - may differ. A Golf GTi is not a GT either in my book. But a Cruiser or Bagger will never be a real GT, imo.

I would not call an H2 a GT, but I met a guy (he's one of the UK Iron Butt guys) who last year did 5000miles in a long weekend on an H2. Covered half of Europe.

I will wait and see what luggage Triumph considers GT-worthy. But I note a bit of a trend over here that side cases are getting smaller. Either this means modern man travels lighter, or travels less.

Back