New Paintwork

Look's Awesome, Keep me posted. I have all my tin off right now as well. I'm replacing the tank badges with a painted logo, and switching from cardinal red to a Emerald green that flops almost black in the shade. I'll post some pictures once I get my tin back at the end of this week.

Are the tank badges easy to come off and what holds them on?

Are the tank badges easy to come off and what holds them on?

Taking the badges off is a breeze. There are 2 locator pins on the badge, that set into holes in the tank. They are held on by strong double sided tape. I take a fine piece of stranded nylon rope pull a couple strands out so you have a nice strong fine string.( I've heard you can you use dental floss too) then start at one end and pull the string under the badge. About 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch in, start to pull up on the badge a little while tugging the string to get it under the first pin. Once you clear the first pin pull the string down towards the other pin and do the same thing. Voila that's one badge. Do the other the same way, then its time to remove the glue and fill the holes... Or whatever you need to do.

PIX! PIX! PIX!
Those taken in the booth were screwed up by reflections of the overhead!

IMG_0164.JPG
Taking the badges off is a breeze. There are 2 locator pins on the badge, that set into holes in the tank. They are held on by strong double sided tape. I take a fine piece of stranded nylon rope pull a couple strands out so you have a nice strong fine string.( I've heard you can you use dental floss too) then start at one end and pull the string under the badge. About 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch in, start to pull up on the badge a little while tugging the string to get it under the first pin. Once you clear the first pin pull the string down towards the other pin and do the same thing. Voila that's one badge. Do the other the same way, then its time to remove the glue and fill the holes... Or whatever you need to do.
Wow tank badges? What are those?:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: There is always that one in every crowd.

PIX! PIX! PIX!
Those taken in the booth were screwed up by reflections of the overhead!

Pictures are coming soon, the ones I took in the booth do not do the paint justice !!! Should have it back together by mid week, I'm busy cleaning and polishing before riding season... Plus other seasonal maintenance....plus brakes and progressive fork springs....... I cant wait either lol

Thanks...was considering replacing mine due to oxidation and me never polishing anything. Its why I got matte black and most anything that was chrome is being powder coated or replaced black.

Black looks good too, you could change them in about 30 min including cleanup of the old glue, i say go for it.:thumbsup:

IMG_0164.JPG Wow tank badges? What are those?:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: There is always that one in every crowd.

Amigo,
Tis merely less parts = less cost to manufacturer.
Your X logos were merely a cheapening of the Rocket! :p :roll:
:rolleyes: :thumbsup:
The-Real-Tank.jpg

Really. The grinding and polishing cost a bit more than a badge. Plus it is one of a kind. No two were ground or polished the same. Understood what you were saying just had to get it out there. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Long live the X:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really. The grinding and polishing cost a bit more than a badge. Plus it is one of a kind. No two were ground or polished the same. Understood what you were saying just had to get it out there. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Long live the X:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sonny,
Laughing.gif

I L-O-V-E blowing you do-do, my friend. :inlove
In Stearns; however, I shall blow you off! :roll:
Thumbs-Up.jpg

Back