New Lithium battery

@Boog Can you give a "year on" report? Curious how its holding out?!

First the goods, the four post are awesome for accessories @1olbull; I was very happy with that. Now the bads: It is good to 40F week between there and 34F and dead below that. I was BS'd into thinking the huge amount of amps would be awesome for my cold weather riding, but right on the box is listed the operating temperature range which starts at 40F. I still have it but it is a fair weather battery for sure. I replaced it with a different AGM.

Yup - but you won't like it. MotoBatt.

You have you have a good memory, my friend.
If I hadn't received two of them Motobatts in a row that were bad, I would try another just to get the four posts.

You have you have a good memory, my friend.
If I hadn't received two of them Motobatts in a row that were bad, I would try another just to get the four posts.
I have given up on all "wet" batteries on bikes. Unless they can be unsealed and topped up. Lead/Acid Batteries DRY OUT with use - it's all part of the chemistry.
AGM's dry out really fast ime.

I have given up on all "wet" batteries on bikes. Unless they can be unsealed and topped up. Lead/Acid Batteries DRY OUT with use - it's all part of the chemistry.
AGM's dry out really fast ime.

No wonder I have to replace them every other year.

Might want to get you one of these and stick in your saddlebag. Beats the heck out of pushing your bike around:

NOCO - Lithium Jump Starters, Battery Chargers & More

I bought one a year ago and jumped off other motorcycles and my lawnmower.
No matter what condition the battery is in you got a jump box in you bag.
When I'm in my truck I throw the NOCO in with me just in case someone needs a jump. Won't have to hook my truck up to their vehicle.

Boog... look's like you way have already completed the battery cable upgrade but I would upgrade your starter as well. I did both to my Roadster and can't believe the difference how fast and easy the bike cranks over. You living in a colder environment it would be just about mandatory. ;)
I had the GB40, and after trying to recharge the unit on the third time it was fried and wouldn't take a charge, it was a piece of crap,and if you take the unit apart you will see that it was engineered like a rookie. "Never again! Might try an antigravity one next time.

I had the GB40, and after trying to recharge the unit on the third time it was fried and wouldn't take a charge, it was a piece of crap,and if you take the unit apart you will see that it was engineered like a rookie. "Never again! Might try an antigravity one next time.
And yet my GB40 has saved me time and time again. This last week to get my neighbour's BMW-GS started and also to get the Guzzi into the garage. But experience is what forms our decision process after all.

Sorry you had troubles. I've not had any trouble with mine and used it recently to help a stranded motorist. It hadn't been charged in awhile and worked like a charm.

Sorry you had troubles. I've not had any trouble with mine and used it recently to help a stranded motorist. It hadn't been charged in awhile and worked like a charm.

After starting her dead car the other day, the wife put the glom on my Gooloo (1000A peak).
It worked OK the many times I used it, but it had some design issues that sometimes caused it to run dead,
so I just bought one of those NOCO GB40 (1000A peak) as a replacement. The NOCO has less features, but is a tad smaller and simpler. If it proves less than the Gooloo, I shall secretly swap it out for my old Gooloo. :rolleyes: :roll:
Time shall tell . . .

Back