New Lithium battery

I'm looking at engine block heaters and battery warmers now. Maybe one of these will work. How does a dang snowmobile start in subzero temperatures?!?
WELL the best lithium battery is a 720 Cranking amp that fits the Rocket dont use the smaller ones because they cost less just sacrafice your beer intake and use your money for your Rocket

hell I can bearly spell, pictures are definetly out of the question, but I can tell ya I tapped into a wire under the exhaust side side cover,.here I found wires for the headlight and the starter there and installed a relay for each, now the headlight and starter work as they were suppose to. there is a sticky thread ''when your starter goes click'', that outlines exactly which color wires and there is a diagram .I believe it is authored by honker.hope this helps,the results on my bike were dramatic.

i do not like explaining some one else's words i might get it wrong.
i under stand what he is saying but would be better to do the eastern beaver. on a 2013 it is probably all ready fixed. what most want to accomplish is taking the headlights (current) out of the ign circuit.
now i did something to mine and it took the starter relay current out of the ign. by removing one of the wires and replacing it with a bat wire. the one problem with that is if the relay should jam on the starter will keep cranking till something bad happens.:(

Move on down here Art we have 365 days a year riding , a couple of cold days in 30s that is when you put on two sets of underwear
I did 2 years ago and it was way too hot in the summer no thanks it was nice for the winter months but I was a snow bird for 30 years staying in Lauderdale and KEY WEST where we had a waterfront Condo but I like the summers here in Pa and NJ

But that's old school, I want new hotness. And it may be that I must follow suit.
Have a chat with somebody like i-tecc in Germany. Tell them what you need and the space you have - They'll make it.
I have in the past built an 16aH 1120CCA Li battery - I could weld with it.
Was made with A123Systems 8aH cells - sadly discontinued. The biggest they do now is 2.5aH - So you need more cells

Paramount is the use of A123Systems cells.
These have a MUCH higher Store/Discharge ratio.

Itecc 720A LiFePO4 Starterbatterie 12V 15Ah im Gehäuse Balancer inside i-tecc LiFeEnergy

Last edited:
But that's old school, I want new hotness. And it may be that I must follow suit.

I went with a AGM battery in my Dodge Ram..... what a POS. I went back to lead acid and have not had any problems since. I wouldn't even think about not using a lead acid battery in my Roadster after having bad experience with "new hotness".

My Roadster would crank over slowly in cold weather. It would crank but I was concerned that if it was colder it might not crank.
I did the following. Not sure if the starter mod can be done on the Touring but I don't see why not.

a) Installed new lead acid battery. I can't remember CCA at this point but after two years the OEM battery had lost it's pep.
b) Upgraded the positive and negative cables to larger cables.
c) Installed a bigger starter. (Mod can be found on the other R3 site)

The starter turns over the engine MUCH faster now in cold weather.

Back