I think my R3 horn is the worst I can remember on a bike. I’m looking for a better one so please post pics and sound file after installation.

Oh $ell there is a horn on the Rocket? Usually if it comes down to it am yelling " WTF":sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky: Not sure of the decimal volume but it usually gets their attention.:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I think my R3 horn is the worst I can remember on a bike. I’m looking for a better one so please post pics and sound file after installation.

I will post some if I get a bit of time.
Working six days a week 10hrs a day with an hour drive each way. My family deserves a bit of attention on my day off. I’ll see if I can sneak out to the garage for a couple minutes tomorrow!

I will post some if I get a bit of time.
Working six days a week 10hrs a day with an hour drive each way. My family deserves a bit of attention on my day off. I’ll see if I can sneak out to the garage for a couple minutes tomorrow!
Anything you can do will be appreciated, after your family time of course.

The next trick is to mount the buggers. And for that I'm getting these:

pia-74005_xl.jpg

They grip onto the crash bars and I can mount the horns to them. Should be able to get them in pretty snug to the engine in behind the radiator. Once I have it all installed I'll post pics of it.

I used those mounts to mount my horn on the crash bars, they worked great!
I mounted the stebel...I love it, I sound like a freight train a commin...

The hardest part to me was finding a good mounting spot for the compressor and the horn that works and your happy with.
I am still at that phase. It's the "happy with" part. That said I have had a bit of an idea recently. Involves Twin Stebel Magnums. Water ingress is the issue to resolve.
I have used Air horns in the past - and was never particularly happy. The OEM horn is terrible - but it's location is close to ideal. And it's design oddly means it resists water well. I have an Old Guzzi horn in it's place - but any upgrade will involve a relay (or PDM60).

I am still at that phase. It's the "happy with" part. That said I have had a bit of an idea recently. Involves Twin Stebel Magnums. Water ingress is the issue to resolve.
I have used Air horns in the past - and was never particularly happy. The OEM horn is terrible - but it's location is close to ideal. And it's design oddly means it resists water well. I have an Old Guzzi horn in it's place - but any upgrade will involve a relay (or PDM60).

I used the PDM60 and it did not work for me because the Denali sound bomb draws slightly over 20amps and would trip the PDM. Went with a relay and 30amp fuse and all’s well.

I used the PDM60 and it did not work for me because the Denali sound bomb draws slightly over 20amps and would trip the PDM. Went with a relay and 30amp fuse and all’s well.

The in-rush current as the compressor starts up is probably more than 20 amps and then it'd stabilise at 20 amps while running. That would trip a 20 amp circuit breaker but probably not blow a 20 amp fuse.

30 amp fuse is fine (probably ideal, really) as it's only to protect if something shorts out and that'll draw over 30 amps anyway.

Last edited:
Back