The in-rush current as the compressor starts up is probably more than 20 amps and then it'd stabilise at 20 amps while running. That would trip a 20 amp circuit breaker but probably not blow a 20 amp fuse.

30 amp fuse is fine as it's really only to protect if something shorts out and that'll draw over 30 amps anyway.

You are correct!! So I used the appropriate sized wire, fuse holder and fuse, just Incase. The PDM still worked without the relay and programmed for a ground trigger but would trip after 1 second then reset automatically. The electronic fuse is more sensitive than a fuse. The directions from the manufacturer says to use a 30amp fuse but an update on their website said 20 is fine.

They look better with the chrome finish than what I'm installing. Same kind of device, different frequency but will likely perform similarly.
How did these horns work for you? By looking at them it seems like they could mount in the same place as the factory horn; the horn cover may not fit but that may be OK. I like that they are lightweight and don't draw much current; the sound is nice also.

Back