Leif

Standard Bore
Ride
2022 rocket 3r
got my online r3 on the road for the first time is the drive train supoused to feel like a 2500cc chainsaw not like my 1980 kz 1300

Unfortunately, I for one, can't answer your question. I've never seen a 2500cc chainsaw in the flesh let alone used one.

My chainsaw is about 35cc and it runs as smooth as you like. In fact i'd say it does in fact it does run smoother than my Rocket 3, but maybe that's because it's small and light by comparison.

It sounds as though the bike is not living up to your expectations.

Some Rocket 3's transmission/final drives do appear to report to run coarser than others, but how true in reality that is, is not scientifically proven.

The first 2.5 Rocket I rode I also thought perhaps a bit 'rumbly'. It had 6k on the clock. So I tried a new one out the following weekend and it felt good. I then (1 hour later) jumped on the first bike I tried just to compare again and it felt just the same.
I ended up buying the 6k one and it's very nice. I'm happy with it.

I think the only one who will ultimately know is you unless there is a more detailed and specific characteristic you can somehow describe.

That said, there may be someone who will chime in with wisdom beyond my experience.

thank you .the chainsaw thing means that it has all the power promised but when cruising at 50 mph it feels like i have to high of a gear even in second gear .give it throttle and it is smooth.but with this bike you cant do that for long.i will test ride another bike when the weather allows.then i will know if i bought a lemon for $16000

So if I understand what you are saying.....At 50 mph, you feel the engine is not running smooth in top gear.
So, if that is the case, how does it feel if you drop down one gear, and run at 50mph in fifth gear?

Back