Loonitick

Supercharged
Ride
2010 Roadster
So after a season with the R3, I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the original grips, and want something better for next years long runs. I had a bit of a look round, but have been unable to work out which grips will fir the R3. Not sure if I want heated grips, hasn't really been a problem thus far, but I would prefer not to have to do much in the way of modification to the throttle boss, so the originals can be re-fitted if necessary. My hands are not enormous, so the diameter of the originals is about right for me.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Any grips that will fit inch bars, although it's always easier and highly recommended that you get a set with the correct throttle tube already fitted. I and many others like Kuryakyn ISO, but others find then too fat. Avon do some nice stiff too.. Scorpion is another option. Most will be a bit fatter and softer so are good for vibration reduction and the larger diameter actually makes it easier to ride smoother through roundabouts and slow manoeuvring.

By the way, you can remove the left grip without cutting it if you access to a compressed air hose.

Any grips that will fit inch bars, although it's always easier and highly recommended that you get a set with the correct throttle tube already fitted. I and many others like Kuryakyn ISO, but others find then too fat. Avon do some nice stiff too.. Scorpion is another option. Most will be a bit fatter and softer so are good for vibration reduction and the larger diameter actually makes it easier to ride smoother through roundabouts and slow manoeuvring.

By the way, you can remove the left grip without cutting it if you access to a compressed air hose.

What about the counter weight on the end? Do you just leave the end cap of the Kuryakyn ISO grips off and that self solves?

What about the counter weight on the end? Do you just leave the end cap of the Kuryakyn ISO grips off and that self solves?

While some people have gone to the trouble of refitting the bar end weights or buying new ones, I never bothered with them. Made no difference as far as I was concerned.

So after a season with the R3, I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the original grips, and want something better for next years long runs. I had a bit of a look round, but have been unable to work out which grips will fir the R3. Not sure if I want heated grips, hasn't really been a problem thus far, but I would prefer not to have to do much in the way of modification to the throttle boss, so the originals can be re-fitted if necessary. My hands are not enormous, so the diameter of the originals is about right for me.
Any recommendations or suggestions?

IMHO - There are only two kinds of heated grips . . .
Those that are broken and those that will! :p

Back