BA480ABC-E904-4E92-922D-A0A630061F57.jpeg
The fender extension is a great idea, but to me it doesn't look natural on the bike. I wish Corbin (or Triumph...) would make a whole new rear fender instead. I know, this comes down to preference, but the rear end of the new Rocket is still what's putting me off. The rest of the bike is so beautiful that it would look stunning with a proper rear fender.

The fender extension is a great idea, but to me it doesn't look natural on the bike. I wish Corbin (or Triumph...) would make a whole new rear fender instead. I know, this comes down to preference, but the rear end of the new Rocket is still what's putting me off. The rest of the bike is so beautiful that it would look stunning with a proper rear fender.
I agree, and dislike the current trend with "chopped off arse". Moving the rear mudguard up under the tail light is the neatest i have seen this far. Unfortunately it takes fabricating a rock solid mount, perhaps using the pannier mounts and a fender brace. It's the way i will go unless someone beats me to it (which i kinda hope since i don't have tooling or skills to make a mount/brace). Anyone who comes up with one, or a brushed Aluminium fender resembling the 1200 Scrambler, that takes the OEM indicator/plate mount will have my money the day after. :)

I agree, and dislike the current trend with "chopped off arse".

Usually I’m in the minority on style and marketing matters, but I think here it’s the guys who really like sporty looks and have those bikes in our past that like that look. The first mod almost everybody makes to their sportbike? Tail tidy/fender eliminator kit. From a marketing perspective, I think Triumph’s trying to walk a line, and steal some H-D and Indian guys looking for something different, but also some aging sportbike guys. And as you might expect for someone who likes the fanny of this bike, I think the butt of the Diavel is also one of the prettiest ever on a cruiser-segment bike.

I LOVE the look of this bike, (except the radiator, which I know is necessary, and even so, a drastic improvement over the huge-and-hideous-add-on look of the previous generation); it’s one of the reasons I‘m 99% gonna buy one. Of course, it’s all subjective, and on such matters, as always, YMMV. No wrong opinions.

Don’t get me wrong on even that. IMO, fenders CAN be gorgeous, like the fully-valenced, old-school, two-tone fenders on the Indian Chief Vintage. And they can also be functional but fugly, like those on the rear of the K1600 series, where they’re even adjustable downward if you know you’ll be riding through a lot of rain, but have literally no style value at all.

Given that all parts are interchangeable between R and GT, why didn't Triumph fit a full fender on the GT to let customers choose their preferred look & functionality? To me it seems like a no-brainer, especially since they must have been aware that a chopped end can be a deal breaker.

Perhaps it was very important for them to rival the Ducati Diavel, so much that they didn't want "two looks".

Given that all parts are interchangeable between R and GT, why didn't Triumph fit a full fender on the GT to let customers choose their preferred look & functionality? To me it seems like a no-brainer, especially since they must have been aware that a chopped end can be a deal breaker.

Perhaps it was very important for them to rival the Ducati Diavel, so much that they didn't want "two looks".

It would probably be a first, though, especially if they had it done up where the taillights were easily moveable, too. They could promote it as the “Fender or Not.“

I think it looks great.
tr320dte_39.jpg
tr320dte_111.jpg
tr320dte_202.jpg
I ordered that exact seat from corbin but when I went on the Design it tab and used the exact same specifications it looks different (it's the Side panel option (Trexx Gear) that looks different). I guess I will just have to wait and see what it actually looks like.

This is what the main page shows:
1593311100706.png

This is what they show you when you Select the same design:
1593310998263.png

I asked the guy when I ordered it and he assured me that those were the specifications that were used on the one in the main page picture.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Fwiw, I shot them an email a couple of weeks ago, and asked about the solo seat for the Rocket R (Are you still going to make one like in the photo mock-up? If so, why is it not listed on the Rocket 3 page with all of the other "coming soon" products like the hard bags and fairing?), and as yet have heard nothing but crickets.

Fwiw, I shot them an email a couple of weeks ago, and asked about the solo seat for the Rocket R (Are you still going to make one like in the photo mock-up? If so, why is it not listed on the Rocket 3 page with all of the other "coming soon" products like the hard bags and fairing?), and as yet have heard nothing but crickets.
They don’t generally reply, I asked about a solo or Gun fighter style and they didn’t reply but according to Facebook It is their intention to expand the options.

Back