Need pics of a 2005 handlebar and gauge mounts

Kevdog

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I am trying to restore a Rocket I inherited from my x-father in law.

He had put an ugly Corbin adjustable clam shell looking wind screen on it and it required custom mounts.

So I have been searching the net to try and find out what stock handlebar mount and gauge mounts look like so I can purchase them, hopefully someone can help me out.
Here is what it looks like now, I have already ordered the chrome piece that goes between the headlights

IMG_4341[1].JPG
IMG_4342[1].JPG

Ouch - the oxidation -- that baby needs much TLC. Good luck, and keep us posted. We all love the legend of the Phoenix. And I thought nothing ever rusted in California. Thank you for sharing.

I would encourage you to check out the media gallery -- bound to be photos in there you can use.

Ok 04 to 05 style upper mount that holds the gauges it folds forward so you can lift the tank

P3230049.JPG

here is a couple more shots but note this set has the Rivco risers on it which is not part of the OEM mount. Still everything else is the same

PB260021.JPG
PB260022.JPG
PB260023.JPG
PB260024.JPG
PB260025.JPG

They changed the mounts in 06 which will work fine on yours the only other change coinciding with it is the tab that bolts the tank down had some angles added instead of a full radius to the sides to clear the gauges. you can find them on ebay and they are the same up to and including the 2009 models I like the 06 to 09 style better.
hope this helps

How the heck do the gauges unplug?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out, there is a little tab on the side of the plug, the side you can't get your finger on.... haha

Last edited:
Back