Need help choosing a THROTTLE MEISTER

RooK

Supercharged
Ride
'06 RIII
About to order a throttle meister, and quite honestly I'm confused....

I know I want the short version, but I can't set my mind on the color.

Black; Black milled or standard??

What would you go with?

I went with the heavy polished. They look nice. The heavier endweight is supposed to reduce vibration. ?? I like the way they look although I almost never use them. I would have appreciated them on my cross-country trip and would use them on any other long trips. On the other hand there is a thread on this site that tells how to install an electronic cruise control that costs less than the Throttlemeister. . . . :shock:

The black milled set is very rich looking. But, in the long run, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. Oops, beholder.

Love it! Easy to engage, took 3 minutes to install, lets you "tweak" it as you go. Looks great!
It is a throttle lock though, so good for flats and steady wind. I use mine when I need to stretch my wrist a little.

IT DOES WORK with HEATED GRIPS, but NOTE that when you disengage it and don't leave enough room, after turning on the grips, the expantion may make it bind a little.
Solution: when you don't use the throttle lock, "unscrew" it a half turn more than you would do with regular grips.

Sorry about the pic being out of focus.

I ordered it from http://adventurersworkshop.com/Merchant ... KO_TROCIII and am satisfied with them.

Kyoko.JPG

I had the Polished heavy installed on my R3, due to comments from operating with heavy gloves for cold riding. Looks/works great!! Just make sure you tell anyone grinding, oops, riding your bike how it works. 8)

throttle meister

I installed one one my 06 Rocket, actually contacted the company and they recomended the Heavy duty one said it was closer to the original.
I ordered the Black Fluted ( Milled with a Ball end mill I suspect .375" )
Love it can cruise for miles with know hands the bike has good balance. I believe you will love it. It is nice being able to flex the throttle hand and set a speed the cops don't mind.

I've got the heavier ones on my Rocket as well. I had a set on my 1200 since it was just about new. I couldn't live without them. Even when I'm not using the throttle lock, I keep it turned so it's just touching the throttle to take some of the spring out of it. It helps keep your wrist from getting fatigued. When you reach out to grab the brake the motion of your hand pushes the throttle closed anyway. On a side note, if you drop the bike, they are pretty solid too. I wrecked my 1200 years back and only put minor scratches in the throttlemeister. I filed them out and polished it. Looked better than new :)

Back