Need an improved negative ground cable...

When did this modification come about, this is the first time i've heard of this. Just curious what gauge wire your replacing the existing cable with...:confused:
This was first started by Carpenter Racing (replacing the negative when they did kits) it was posted on the .com site but not here as at that time Art was not allowed to post. Since the revamping of the platform things have changed. For the better IMO as there are more tech threads here and more religous politicing thread over there. Just my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt as it is not meant to wrinkle anyones panties :D

Interesting.. i'm glad this was brought up. I've never had problems with my RKC or Busa starting right up from a cold start. The same holds true for the Rocket except for the fact i've had to crank it over "much" longer than it seems necessary. I'll have to give it a try..Thanks for the info..:thumbsup:

Attachments

• FinalInstalla006.jpg
    FinalInstalla006.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Just to clarify - all the tests in the video (except last one obviously) on the cranking rate were done with the ability to start disabled (side-stand down, in-gear, clutch lever tie-wrapped to bar)

The reason for improvement is simple - larger gauge cable has lower resistance per unit length; lower resistance means less voltage drop across the length of the cable
volts = amps x resistance;
(the voltage drop can be significant even at the relatively low cable resistances in play because of the large starter current)
=> higher voltage at the starter => higher starter speed.

DeCosse, well I'll be, never saw you on this site before. Always a wealth of information.

Back