My Triumph Australia experience sucked. How bad is it in other countries?

My only dealings with corp Triumph was through my local dealership when many moons ago my ignition switch went south four years out of warranty:eek: Triumph sent me the whole kit free of charge the kit included the switch, gas cap and seat mechanism all I had to do was put them on, so big thumbs up to Triumph from me.

My 2010 Roadster has done 80,000km now with a sidecar attached and a car tyre on the back with no gearbox issues.
Having said that, I hate the way Triumph in Australia seem to have precisely no back up service at all. They never have any spare parts in stock and there is always at least a 3 week waiting time for anything to show up...brake pads... gear sensor.. In the end I just gave up on the big bike shop in Newcastle and either get my stuff online or use a local ordinary motorcycle shop who will get me tyres, a battery, brake pads etc within a day or two.
TRIUMPH does not want CAR TIRES on any of the bikes so *****ing about someting you know they wont approve isnt going to get you any help from them

My dealer are straight up dudes...I mentioned when I came in for maintenance parts that I had retuned it, and the service manager asked to me to be sure to mention that if I ever bring it in for service, so that if they put the scanner on it, they will tell it not to replace what I have on there. He said while Triumph might not be happy with my ministrations, having Jardine pipes and Ramair as I do, a richer tune will prevent burnt valves and all that other lean running trouble you can get into. Of course it's out of factory warranty so they won't be an issue. And my third party warranty, warrants it the way I had it delivered to me, which is with the Jardines installed, so they would likely want it properly tuned too.

I must truly be blessed, I am on my 8th Rocket, and have had some extremely powerful bikes, Never had an issue yet. Even thrashing my NOS powered beast around for over 18 months and God knows how many 100 HP shots of giggle gas with the car tyre on, and no issues. Perhaps selling them after 18 months is my lucky charm.
11924546_1001380979905930_4971116371455471663_n.jpg

I must truly be blessed, I am on my 8th Rocket, and have had some extremely powerful bikes, Never had an issue yet. Even thrashing my NOS powered beast around for over 18 months and God knows how many 100 HP shots of giggle gas with the car tyre on, and no issues. Perhaps selling them after 18 months is my lucky charm.
11924546_1001380979905930_4971116371455471663_n.jpg
YES my Rockets are great none of the problems so I dont have a thing to complain about ?

TRIUMPH does not want CAR TIRES on any of the bikes so *****ing about someting you know they wont approve isnt going to get you any help from them

That was the most RANDOM comment completely contradictory and nothing to do with Seanii Plunkett's post you replied too. Why do you do this????:(:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Besides that his Rocket Roadster SIDECAR runs a car tyre which would have nothing like the issues that MAY make them inappropriate for SOLO use. Running car tyres on outfits is standard practice not Dark Side at all. The tread is always relatively horizontal to road surface. He has leading link Earles type forks and 3 wheels etc, etc.
Even if it loses the bead seal for whatever reason it is unlikely to be potentially catastrophic as on a solo.

The problem here is not the dealers. At least not in my experience. The problem we have in Australia is Triumph Australia it's self. Not even the dealers are happy with them.

They have nothing I mean nothing in stock. They lie about known problems with their bikes and never ever take responsibility.

For me is past history. I don't need them for anything now. I order my parts generally from Fowlers in UK. Better price and faster delivery. I only but things from my dealer when I am in.a rush and miraculously it is in stock :)

Never had a problem with my dealer in Canberra. They are nice and helpful guys. I think it is the distributor letting 'em down.

Having my output shaft bearing collapse at 25,000 and sorting the problem gave me the chance to closely and finely see how these R3 motors are put together...with this information and with regret i think buying my 2005 R3 was one of the worst bike purchases ive made in 40 years:thumbsdown:
YEP the 2005 bikes had problems and had to be updated

Back