My Triumph Australia experience sucked. How bad is it in other countries?

@Turk
IZZAT all true???
What they accused you of.
Let's go riding M8!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

@Turk
IZZAT all true???
What they accused you of.
Let's go riding M8!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hahaha well still irrelevant mate.

The Rocket 3 Roadster advertisement was Kevin Carmichael fanging the help out of the bike barely touching the front tyre to the ground and doing Burn out rollouts, power slides and the lot.

The only disclaimer they had was the classic closed to traffic conditions and done by a professional rider thingy.

As for your question well my front tyre lasts more than my rear lol you can take that as either I don't do burnouts or my rear keeps contact with the road more than my front :)

I hope some of the big knobs at triumph read these posts, maybe just maybe we might see some change

Nahh mate just read on the rovket 3 owners Facebook page where triumph has let down another rocket rider...

They just don't care full stop.

To be fair it isn't just triumph that sucks at customer service. Matter of fact I've never had issues with triumph but I've been under warranty with mine mostly.

I'll share a quick story about a good experience I had with triumph. Back in 2005 I bought one of the first triumph sprint 1050s. Caspian blue. Beautiful bike, awesome power, comfort, sound etc.

I had the bike about 1 week and was taking it easy on her to break her in properly. If I remember correctly I had about 250 miles on her.

My good friend on an 02 BMW k12rs decided it was time to race me and I didn't say no. Lol. After i smoked him up to around 140mph I heard all he'll break loose on my engine. Sounded like someone dropped marbles inside the motor! I barely got the bike home and called my local dealer asap. He said he would be over in about an hour to pick her up. Keep in mind the bike is brand new practically.

I immediately reset the computer as the bike had a feature on it which showed highest speed reached. Mine said 142mph. Lol.

Anyways triumph decided to give me a brand new bike!!! They made me sign all this legal paperwork and I had my new bike within a week! Plus my dealer felt so bad he gave me a Ducati 749s to ride around as a loaner until my situation was resolved!

Crazy stuff!

If you really want bad customer service and a bike with massive reliability issues you should try bmw. You'll pay double for the bike and get even worse service!

Last edited:
To be fair it isn't just triumph that sucks at customer service. Matter of fact I've never had issues with triumph but I've been under warranty with mine mostly.

I'll share a quick story about a good experience I had with triumph. Back in 2005 I bought one of the first triumph sprint 1050s. Caspian blue. Beautiful bike, awesome power, comfort, sound etc.

I had the bike about 1 week and was taking it easy on her to break her in properly. If I remember correctly I had about 250 miles on her.

My good friend on an 02 BMW k12rs decided it was time to race me and I didn't say no. Lol. After i smoked him up to around 130mph I heard all he'll break loose on my engine. Sounded like someone dropped marbles inside the motor! I barely got the bike home and called my local dealer asap. He said he would be over in about an hour to pick her up. Keep in mind the bike is brand new practically.

I immediately reset the computer as the bike had a feature on it which showed highest speed reached. Mine said 142mph. Lol.

Anyways triumph decided to give me a brand new bike!!! They made me sign all this legal paperwork and I had my new bike within a week! Plus my dealer felt so bad he gave me a Ducati 749s to ride around as a loaner until my situation was resolved!

Crazy stuff!

If you really want bad customer service and a bike with massive reliability issues you should try bmw. You'll pay double for the bike and get even worse service!

I am.very happy for you but as you know this issue with Rockets has been around for so many years it is almost a joke that it is not fixed + they treat customers badly at least in my experience their rep was very professional.

Another thing about Australia is we have very bad customer service here. I have lived in Europe and also travelled all around the world and I must say in Aussie land we suck at it.

From my experience, the only other motorcycle in this category is the Honda F6 Valkyrie.

51416_3e956120e6dddfd1efe397299dc9b2f6.jpg

Some say that the Harley V Rod also does. I have not ridden one so can't tell.

My R3 has been working OK. The riding experience of a true muscle bike for now has been worth it. I also hope Triumph is reading all this.

Last edited:
Having my output shaft bearing collapse at 25,000 and sorting the problem gave me the chance to closely and finely see how these R3 motors are put together...with this information and with regret i think buying my 2005 R3 was one of the worst bike purchases ive made in 40 years:thumbsdown:

I gave the Trumphy dealer where i bought my bike from the ass after they lied to me when i bought the bike, agreed the 1st service would be free and them proceeded to insert a pineapple where it isnt wanted.
Knock on wood been fairly lucky though , 60000 klm and so far only a cam cover leak and a a badly installed throttle body ( caused massive vacum leak ) ,

Back