My Triumph Australia experience sucked. How bad is it in other countries?

I must truly be blessed, I am on my 8th Rocket, and have had some extremely powerful bikes, Never had an issue yet. Even thrashing my NOS powered beast around for over 18 months and God knows how many 100 HP shots of giggle gas with the car tyre on, and no issues. Perhaps selling them after 18 months is my lucky charm.
11924546_1001380979905930_4971116371455471663_n.jpg
I'll remember to never buy a bike off you old mate haha

Over here we have to put up with an extra weeks wait as well as the added freight cost of 4500kms from Melbourne because our local dealers aren't allowed to order direct from triumph UK...everything has to go through triumph oz

@Turk I had a good warranty experience for my transmission, however, that's certainly based on the dealer and not Triumph themselves.

Sounds like Cliff doesn't know what the **** he's talking about. The R3 DID have a dog issue on 2nd gear early on, so they updated 2nd to have 1/2 as many dogs as originally and the problem there was fixed. The problem NOW is that the bikes are being assembled wrong, leading to poping out of gear, and each time it pops out it slightly rounds the corner of the dog and the slot on the gear. Eventually, you end up with semi-circle dogs and very rounded slots and it wont stay in gear.

My two running theories are: Slightly bent shift fork when originally installed, triumph source the forks from someone and who's to say they actually checked for straightness prior to installing. The alternate theory, the one I have for my bike, is missing shim/spacer in the assembly leading to too close a tolerance, leading to a bend fork, leading to the above problem.

They've warrantied a number of them for these issues, at least 3 just on these forums, over the last year. They know about it, they just don't give a **** because the R3 is a dying breed.
WELL all the different make bikes have trans issues just look it up on line they all have large numbers of of complaints so TRIUMPH is not the only one

Given that Australia is clear on the bottom of the earth...well nearly....I imagine everything that isn't made there costs an extra batch of dollars just for the distance travelled to deliver it. I would hate to see what things cost in New Zealand! When Holden was making Pontiacs, Pontiac had the distinction of selling really good cars....but they cost a little extra getting them from OZ to here! I would nevertheless like to find a nice G8, the Pontiac version of I think...a Commodore. Getting back to Triumph....I just don't understand their attitude sometimes. Great bikes....no customer care.

Given that Australia is clear on the bottom of the earth...well nearly....I imagine everything that isn't made there costs an extra batch of dollars just for the distance travelled to deliver it. I would hate to see what things cost in New Zealand! When Holden was making Pontiacs, Pontiac had the distinction of selling really good cars....but they cost a little extra getting them from OZ to here! I would nevertheless like to find a nice G8, the Pontiac version of I think...a Commodore. Getting back to Triumph....I just don't understand their attitude sometimes. Great bikes....no customer care.

Hi performance Commodores are cheap as chips down here once they are a couple of years old, same as the V8 Falcons ,our ridiculously high fuel costs are part of the reason 2nd hand Euro cars BMW, Saab , Volvo are even worse ,

I can't say Triumph Australia have treated me badly, they were very quick to replace my seat when the stitches started to come out. Every time I have spoken to them the people I spoke with were always trying to help.
Every year I call them to discuss the vibration I experience just so it's on record should anything break in the future. I guess if something does break that will be the real test.

I think most customers here experience quite good service at grass roots level. I find the national organization just had no parts stock much, as detailed in my previous post

Back