sort of pretty sure you cant put it back on the road ?because it was totaled or a salvage title or it is a parts only bike?

No you can do anything you want to with the bike - the only problem with retaining the salvage bike is you will only get the dollar amount that they calculate that out to, no more. So, if it takes more money to fix the bike than what they paid you, you will be coming up with the rest of the money... it usually doesn't happen that way though especially for those of us that can do most of the repairing/replacing ourselves. Hell, usually end up with $$$ to spare. But yea, with a salvage title you can still do anything with the bike including legally put it back on the road as long as you have it where it will pass inspection - it only affects the value if you decide to sell it later :thumbsup:

The only problem with a salvage beyond value, is when you are the buyer. You would like to know that the bike was put back together properly. A lot of bikes are running around with salvage titles, and it would not keep me from getting a bike I wanted, and if having one kept MY bike on the road I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Fact, 2016 is not the last year for Rocket, Triumph made a public statement to that effect, HOWEVER they didn't say which Rocket will continue, so it is possibly the last year for the Touring.

Triumph also made a statement that by 2018 their whole lineup would be updated, that was in 2015. So, Tigers, Daytona, Street and Speed, Bonneville, Thruxton, have all been updated or will be next year. What's left, Trophy, Rocket, Tbird.

Weight that against Trophy already being the most advanced, and newest design they'll probably count it as "updated" already. Then factor in they've said either the Tbird or Rocket is getting axed, and the logical conclusion is... Tbird dies next year and R3 gets an update for 2018.

Sure hope you are correct on this!
Don't I remember you going to some exclusive Triumph soiree?

picking up rocket.JPG
August of 2015 I got sideswiped while sitting at a light on my Boss Hoss. My hand was tore up pretty bad but other than that I was alright. After I got back to Vegas I went to an orthopedic surgeon and then just had to wait till the hand healed. I trailered the bike to a Boss Hoss dealer in Southern California and was told that it would take some months to repair and repaint the bike and it would take a while for the insurance adjuster to ok the estimated repair bill. I left there and was on my way home when I passed a Triumph shop near the Boss Hoss dealer. I stopped in and ended up buying my RT3 and loading it on the empty trailer. I took it home and rode it every night around Vegas for as long as the pain in my hand could endure working the clutch, it was like therapy. I finally got my Boss Hoss back as good or better than new. In the end I gained a RT3 which is another favorite bike that we ride often.
HAND.JPG

Last edited:
picking up rocket.JPG
August of 2015 I got sideswiped while sitting at a light on my Boss Hoss. My hand was tore up pretty bad but other than that I was alright. After I got back to Vegas I went to an orthopedic surgeon and then just had to wait till the hand healed. I trailered the bike to a Boss Hoss dealer in Southern California and was told that it would take some months to repair and repaint the bike and it would take a while for the insurance adjuster to ok the estimated repair bill. I left there and was on my way home when I passed a Triumph shop near the Boss Hoss dealer. I stopped in and ended up buying my RT3 and loading it on the empty trailer. I took it home and rode it every night around Vegas for as long as the pain in my hand could endure working the clutch, it was like therapy. I finally got my Boss Hoss back as good or better than new. In the end I gained a RT3 which is another favorite bike that we ride often.
HAND.JPG
The only word that comes to mind "OUCH!".

Back