RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
I found a MOST useful feature on my R3T the other day. I was on the interstate and decided to stretch my legs for a few minutes so I rested my heals on the front of edge of the floorboards. Man, it was like someone put a portable heater on the seat and faced it toward my face. The hot air just shot up and hit my arms and face. I imagine that would bother some folks, but not me. I loved it. I'm cold natured and it's cool to me even when riding in 70 degree temps and I have a tendency to under dress.

I can appreciate the need for heat. It got down to a bone cold 72 last night I **** near had to get out the electrics blanket. They don't call it NORTH west Florida for nutin.:D

Hey, I can't help it if I'm cold natured. I don't have the obligatory layer of belly fat that most MAWGs carry around. I only go about 150 and that's if I'm wet. :D

I don't let it stop me, however. I've left the house before when it was 25 degrees; yes, it gets that cold here occasionally.

I understand Darryl. 25 degrees.....It gets that cold here too. Hang on, that's 25 Celcius and its the middle of winter. Oh well....I'll have to remember not to stretch my legs out.

Pete

Ha ha ! I like my heater on my Rocket. I'm hot natured so the additional heat isn't so welcome in the summer here in FL. But I can say that when we have our 4 days of winter, it's nice to have that heat.

I find that when I'm riding I tend to place my legs against the tank. Doesn't take long to remind me how hot that motor gets. Open my legs and let the breeze blow through...... cools me down quick.:D

It got cool here last night

I got up this morning at it was a (relatively) cool 86 degrees. Doesn't seem cool until you realize the high for today will be 110 and that's 25 degrees cooler than the typical high in July when we first arrived. To hot to ride? I don't know and I won't get a chance to find out. I've been looking for one of those Diesel scout bikes the Marines use to take for a test ride but no joy! The roads here would be treacherous anyway. There's sand everywhere on the roads and the locals drive like they have no fear of death or being maimed. Enjoy your lifestyle ladies and gents, you just don't know what your freedom is worth until you give it up for a time.

"A small price to pay for the priveledge of putting foot to ass in the service of my country"

Back