My Carpenter 240 build

Just an update on how this thing is holding together (or not)!

Returned home yesterday from Maggie Vally and now the build has roughly 3500 miles on it.

I averaged 40+mpg at 75-80 mph while covering flatter terrain. High 30s in the mountain areas. I’m well pleased with that!

This kit is very much at home in those lovely mountain roads. You do have to ride it differently than a stock bike, cause the low end hp and torque (below 2500 rpm or so) is lower. However, if you keep the motor happy and not ride it like a Harley it astounds me how capable this bike is! I’m totally loving it!

So boys, no regerts ! Lol, not even one!
So it’s running like it should! Awesome job

I’m sorry we did not get to ride with you in MV but maybe next time.

I’m sorry we did not get to ride with you in MV but maybe next time.
Me too Doc. My riding friends loved hanging out with everyone, and I didn’t want to abandon them for a day. They are what I’d call relaxed riders.Next time I’ll go solo so I can be more interactive with the group. Greatly enjoyed meeting you and your wife!

Me too Doc. My riding friends loved hanging out with everyone, and I didn’t want to abandon them for a day. They are what I’d call relaxed riders.Next time I’ll go solo so I can be more interactive with the group. Greatly enjoyed meeting you and your wife!
Bud there is nothing wrong with bringing friends, heck some even get adopted. It just would be better if the A Holiday added to its size since our family size keeps getting bigger. Your friends also might have had even more fun as most rides are mellow. Jay and Wendy have been there for some time and know the roads like their driveway. Alwas makes it safer and better. A few wander off and in different directions. But we all muster at the dinner table. Sorry you guys left so early would have liked to see them a couple more evenings. Now they know how we are they might want to be at the next one with ya.

Last edited:
Winter mods....does it ever end? I hope not!

So I was able to get myself on a drag racing crew for next year. Can’t wait, lots of experience to learn from! I know my bike isn’t the fastest around, but I think it will be fun!

Gonna add a quick shifter and a shift light, so anyone with known good kill times I’d love to here from you. If it kills the tranny so be it. I can make it better if it dies.

Also leaning toward Les’s pipe.....
Anyone looking for a nice CES system???

And I’m gonna get a couple new tunes for oxygenated fuel, and one or two to experiment with.

So I was able to get myself on a drag racing crew for next year. Can’t wait, lots of experience to learn from! I know my bike isn’t the fastest around, but I think it will be fun!

Gonna add a quick shifter and a shift light, so anyone with known good kill times I’d love to here from you. If it kills the tranny so be it. I can make it better if it dies.

And I’m gonna get a couple new tunes for oxygenated fuel, and one or two to experiment with.
Do I hear new money pit?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Enjoy friend, that’s what money if for.

Jeff,
If might look good on Yur Mama?
Can't seem to find a nice Brute . . .

Back