My Carpenter 240 build

Jvheli

Nitrous
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster
Not sure if there is any interest in following my project, but hey, its winter here in the midwest USA so this beats reading the awful news right?!

Thanks to @Claviger ,@warp9.9 , @R-III-R Turbo, @Steel for answering questions as I was considering and now doing this to my bike. What a great community! Every single member ive dealt with has been helpful, friendly and encouraging.

@R-III-R Turbo post couldnt have been more timely. Its saved me time (and money). I also agree that this job, while not really difficult requires pretty good mechanical aptitude. The risk is pretty high if you botch the job......

The Carpenter staff has been helpful and responsive. Now I wait for the head and kit and it goes back together!
20181215_111928.jpg

Attachments

• 20181218_193717.jpg
    20181218_193717.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The same place that did the first tune. I bought a PCV so it should be a great tune. They did pretty well with tuneecu, im sure Im gonna be happy. They support a couple race teams. I cant wait! Super excited to get the beast back together, a dry road, and a mile or two of PoPO free hyway!

The same place that did the first tune. I bought a PCV so it should be a great tune. They did pretty well with tuneecu, im sure Im gonna be happy. They support a couple race teams. I cant wait! Super excited to get the beast back together, a dry road, and a mile or two of PoPO free hyway!
Hi are you doing the standard 240 package ?

Yes. Standard. I am aware they offer higher comp pistons but thats all I am aware of. I figured best to keep dynamic compression lower for ease of starting and avoiding detonation.

Its still not too late to change my mind tho!
YES higher compression and more aggressive intake cam high capacity fuel pump larger injectors and ask CARPENTER about all upgrades

Last edited:
Back