My Carpenter 240 build

Well, ive managed only about 200 miles since the build, but here are some observations. Not in order of importance!

1. The fuel economy is unreal, around 40 mpg at 75 mph. If your behaving.

2. The CES header performs really well keeping the torque in the lower rpm range.

3. The acceleration is ridiculous. I havent even really got on it yet!

4. Im not in love with the K&N 4040 filters. They look cool, but they are pretty protruding at the knee.

5. Its not a smoother running engine like some others noted. It runs like a built motor. You can feel it in your chest.

Overall, I'm super happy that I did this. So far at least!

The best part? I know my motor, I got better acquainted with some members here!

Well, ive managed only about 200 miles since the build, but here are some observations. Not in order of importance!

2. The CES header performs really well keeping the torque in the lower rpm range.

4. Im not in love with the K&N 4040 filters. They look cool, but they are pretty protruding at the knee.

5. Its not a smoother running engine like some others noted. It runs like a built motor. You can feel it in your chest.

One final note, the new clutch springs Carpenter uses are quite stiff. Not a problem for normal riding, but if your a tad girly or ride in traffic alot your not gonna like them.

One final note, the new clutch springs Carpenter uses are quite stiff. Not a problem for normal riding, but if your a tad girly or ride in traffic alot your not gonna like them.

@warp9.9 - Is this the source you posted at one time for the springs you recommend for the R3?

Kawasaki KZ900/1000?

Last edited:
The fibers yes but if my memory is right the new updated springs as well as Barnett are stronger. Idealy myself I would be hounding carpenter racing. Or maybe new has a idea. I can hunt around and find out which ones came with the TTS kit.

Congrats on the over 200 hp club but that 177 tq is SICK.:thumbsup: What tires are you running now? How long do you expect them to last?:p

Back