Molly 60 to be discontinued

Hi all,

The old style Honda Valkyrie suffered severe failures if the rear splines weren't religiously maintained, - and sometimes even if they were (DAMHIK). Some guys on the VRCC forum persuaded a company in Houston, TX to produce a moly product that would fully protect the Valk's rear splines, and apparently it works extremely well.

https://guarddogmoly.com/product/gd-570-moly-paste-antiseize/

Personally I didn't use it. The local Honda shop (whom I trust) came to recommend Bel-Ray assembly grease. I sold my '99 Valk for my Rocket III (standard) in 2010 and have 41K miles on here using the Bel-Ray. I check the splines every rear tire change (MC tire) and they are perfect.

Hope this helps,
Mark Dunn

The Guard dog looks to be the cats meow. If the Loctite doesn't work out for me I will the Guard dog.

The ultimate key is to have lots of moly. The splines need a paste/antiseize (key words heres folks) not anything labeled grease. Grease will sling off especially after the metal components have became hot. Moly from my understanding is what keeps it from slinging off and drying up. I've looked at various syn greases and all they have is 5% to 9% moly. Large axles, splines that don't turn high RPM probably don't need anything with high moly content. But I imagine the axle in our bikes is turning some high RPM.

Last edited:
Hi all,

The old style Honda Valkyrie suffered severe failures if the rear splines weren't religiously maintained, - and sometimes even if they were (DAMHIK). Some guys on the VRCC forum persuaded a company in Houston, TX to produce a moly product that would fully protect the Valk's rear splines, and apparently it works extremely well.

https://guarddogmoly.com/product/gd-570-moly-paste-antiseize/

Personally I didn't use it. The local Honda shop (whom I trust) came to recommend Bel-Ray assembly grease. I sold my '99 Valk for my Rocket III (standard) in 2010 and have 41K miles on here using the Bel-Ray. I check the splines every rear tire change (MC tire) and they are perfect.

Hope this helps,
Mark Dunn
I rang Guard Dog and contrary to web site They Do Ship To Auss but first you need to email them to tell them which product you want, they will then get you a USPS shipping cost to your address and you can pay by PayPal as they do not accept international credit cards

I rang Guard Dog and contrary to web site They Do Ship To Auss but first you need to email them to tell them which product you want, they will then get you a USPS shipping cost to your address and you can pay by PayPal as they do not accept international credit cards

dana spicer sells spl1051 basically the same as honda molly 60 worth investigating

Back