Mode Differences

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
I didn't see in the manual a description of how each mode differs from each other. I can imagine rain having more grip, little less umph, or sport a little quicker, but what about rider and road? I tried both but can't tell.
Thoughts?

I didn't see in the manual a description of how each mode differs from each other. I can imagine rain having more grip, little less umph, or sport a little quicker, but what about rider and road? I tried both but can't tell.
Thoughts?
This is all you get...
1594588936853.png

1594588999372.png

This is all you get...
1594588936853.png

1594588999372.png
Looks like there’s no difference between rider and road except you can turn off traction control in rider, assuming there’s a difference between the “open circle” and “via menu”. This is the same level of obtuseness as the BMW manual. Bottom line is use sport mode to make it more responsive, i.e., all the time. I keep my traction control in road mode.

So what's the difference?
From the table above, there’s no difference except how traction control can be turned off. Otherwise the defaults are the same and you can select the same options for map and traction control.

Actually not. Rider gives you the most options for map and TC. Like in Sport mode you can’t have rain map or TC.
So riding in "rider" feels different to you than in "road"? More sensitive than me! Good for you.

Back