maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
I cannot change my riding mode from the top selection rider, to the bottom one sport. I followed manual, I move joystick down to sport, then push straight to confirm. It goes to map, i push straight to confirm. It shows rider with check mark next to it. I did get it to show sport with check next to it on some selection, but then after confirm going to menu, shows rider mode again. Before taking to dealer can anyone see the problem I might be missing?

Have you tried it while in motion?

You should be able to select it while riding, then it says "Roll off the throttle to engage new mode" or something like that.

I've had no issues changing modes from any of the available options while out for a ride.

Have you tried it while in motion?

You should be able to select it while riding, then it says "Roll off the throttle to engage new mode" or something like that.

I've had no issues changing modes from any of the available options while out for a ride.
Wow! I now have hope to avoid dealer visit cause of that! Thank you! I do have a question though. Have you tried changing modes while stationary? Say no please, please. 😁
Over 100 degrees now so will try later!

Wow! I now have hope to avoid dealer visit cause of that! Thank you! I do have a question though. Have you tried changing modes while stationary? Say no please, please. 😁
Over 100 degrees now so will try later!
Nope, I have only tried while riding. It may not work if the kickstand is down? Good luck!

It appears I got it, but not via the manual method. Manual states hit home button to access main menu which shows riding modes, bike set up, etc. Nothing I did could change mode. But when I hit menu button on left handle bar, shows pic of road for each mode. Joy stick down can pick mode, where it states mode as well as road pic. After confirming, shows pic of curved road instead of head with helmet in top left corner . Score!
Maybe this will help if another has same issue. Now to try it out when it cools down.

Edit: yup, throttle a tad more "frisky". Not night and day difference, but enough to make me leave it there.

Last edited:
It appears I got it, but not via the manual method. Manual states hit home button to access main menu which shows riding modes, bike set up, etc. Nothing I did could change mode. But when I hit menu button on left handle bar, shows pic of road for each mode. Joy stick down can pick mode, where it states mode as well as road pic. After confirming, shows pic of curved road instead of head with helmet in top left corner . Score!
Maybe this will help if another has same issue. Now to try it out when it cools down.

Edit: yup, throttle a tad more "frisky". Not night and day difference, but enough to make me leave it there.
The M button on the left handlebar is the mode selection button, not menu. Take a look at pages 32 & 68 of the manual.

The M button on the left handlebar is the mode selection button, not menu. Take a look at pages 32 & 68 of the manual.
It is more clear where I went wrong now. Thanks. But my manual has heated grip info on pg 68.
Pg 41 is where I went to and was the problem. Home page, then main menu. Cannot change mode from there, only settings within a mode. And some of those settings state sport! ****. Glad no dealer visit!😷

Back