Mode Differences

Other Triumphs have had modes for years. The Rocket is the last to get them. It’s simple really - or maybe riders of other models are just smarter ;) .
You get 3 preset modes with scope to change them somewhat, and you get one that you can fully customise with the settings to suit yourself - except for ABS. With bikes that have an option to switch off or reduce the intrusiveness of the ABS (such as my Tiger), the bike will return to the standard (Road) mode at each start up after ABS has been changed. It will stay in any modes except Off-Road and Off-Road Pro. I can’t say what happens with the Rocket but if I had one it wouldn’t take long to work it out.
The difference between Rider and Road modes will depend on what you set in Rider mode. If you set it to have the same settings as Road mode, guess what? It’s the same as Road mode.
I suspect the book won’t tell you how each mode feels because there’s an assumption that the rider will be able to determine that themselves by riding the bike in each mode. :rolleyes:

hell....I ran mine in with road mode selected...then flicked it into Sport mode and haven't changed it!!...not planning to either!...once upon a time ..before modes...we just rode the things and learned how to handle it in dry conditions or wet....call me old school!
So...sorry. cant tell you what differences there are between each mode...its all in the wrist.

Much more responsive in sports mode, If he is in sports, he will stay in this mode all the time. On the contrary, if the TC is deactivated it will be operational again each time the motorcycle is restarted.

Back