Mode Differences

My point is rider and road are modes. 2. No observable difference, nor can anyone describe the difference.

My understanding is you can set the throttle map to sport in rider configurable and have the TC set at minimum. I think there are still some limits to wheel spin and lean angle traction with the TC set to “off”. I believe this is what causes the bike to not wheelie. :( 🤬

Sport mode has a more aggressive throttle map meaning less twist will open the throttle faster but has TC on. Road mode has a more gradual activation of throttle control under twist and TC on. Rain mode has TC on and the throttle response is the slowest possible for the bike.

It is a bit bells and whistles.;) I have used the rain mode to decrease possibility of wheel spin coming out of corners on wet roads. The rest of the time I leave it in Sport. Road mode is useless. You have to manually engage the Rider mode every time you restart the bike and I find that a PITA.

So riding in "rider" feels different to you than in "road"? More sensitive than me! Good for you.
Just putting it in rider mode won't do diddly since it is configured as road mode as default.. Change to sport map and TC off though and try gunning it from a standstill..

It is a bit bells and whistles.;) I have used the rain mode to decrease possibility of wheel spin coming out of corners on wet roads. The rest of the time I leave it in Sport. Road mode is useless. You have to manually engage the Rider mode every time you restart the bike and I find that a PITA.
When road selected, shows pic of road in left top corner, is there every time I restart the bike unless I change it . Same with rider mode. Shows pic of helmet, every time unless changed. Don't know why yours is not. Ride safe!

Last edited:
My understanding is you can set the throttle map to sport in rider configurable and have the TC set at minimum. I think there are still some limits to wheel spin and lean angle traction with the TC set to “off”. I believe this is what causes the bike to not wheelie. :( 🤬

Sport mode has a more aggressive throttle map meaning less twist will open the throttle faster but has TC on. Road mode has a more gradual activation of throttle control under twist and TC on. Rain mode has TC on and the throttle response is the slowest possible for the bike.

I think calling road mode 'useless' is a bit rich.. :) Most of the time i'm in road mode, i find Sport mode, both in cars and on bikes a bit artificial in that it just gets a little jerky and sensitive on and off throttle. Good for hooning around but for a nice sunday ride i'd just leave it in road mode.

I think calling road mode 'useless' is a bit rich.. :) Most of the time i'm in road mode, i find Sport mode, both in cars and on bikes a bit artificial in that it just gets a little jerky and sensitive on and off throttle. Good for hooning around but for a nice sunday ride i'd just leave it in road mode.
We just have different ideas and I'm cool with that.:)

Back