Metzler ME880 Marathon tires

TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa
It's been awhile since i've ridden on the Metzlers, i finally found another Triumph mechanic that works on the Rocket which is a rare animal in my neck of the woods. I usually get 11 to 12 K on the Metzlers before i get a rejection sticker. I was about to order the Bridgestones when he made me an offer i couldn't refuse, the 150/80 R17 front and the 240/50 R16 rear for $100 each. Seems another Rocket owner ordered them and never showed back even with a deposit put down on them. Just curious how many out there are still riding on the Metzlers.

Last edited:
Don't think i'll ever put a metz on the front again - Cobra all the way. As for the rear...my metz got 16k, my E.Max got 8k (but 2 punctures so was removed about 2k km's premature) and so far 6k ona Cobra rear that looks about 50% worn. Don't like the cobra rear in the rain and prefer the E.Max overall but I wasn't happy with the wear rate...I did start typing this thinking "never again on the front but I'd consider a metz on the rear again" but I thinik I just talked myself out of it again :roll::roll::roll:

Still using Metzlers and quite happy with them..Might give Bridgestone a try next time.

Well, they're not bad tires, but they sure didn't last long on my Touring, and the front developed annoying cupping. It was the first Metzelers I had run and they didn't convince over time. I'm just way too happy with my Cobras at this point to consider a change to anything else. Plus, there are no whitewall Metzelers that will work - meanwhile, my v-rated Cobra radial whitewalls perform fantastically and look superb on the Touring, so... $100 a pop is a great price, but I'd rather pay more and get more, as long as I can afford to.

I have a Metz on the front again as it was the only thing available when my Avon Azaro finally wore out after 11k+ miles when I was at RAAX. It was good to put it on, as it reminded me why I haven't used one since the original wore out 120K miles ago.

A Metz will never be mounted on my Rocket again. I've had great success with Dunlop D404's on the front. Going to try the Elite 3 next time. I don't ever ride over 120 mph so the speed rating isn't an issue.

The Metzler Marathon ME 888 is supposed to be an improvement in terms of mileage and handling.

Don't plan on ever running another one! If I'm in a bind stuck somewhere on the road and have to, but not by choice. Besides the wear, I just find the handling so much better since they've been replaced by Avon/max

Back