Mag Throttle Cruise control/Throttle lock.

I have the KAKO throttle lock and it has never slipped or gave me any problems. Use it only on interstate riding. It doesn't have the quick unlock feature as most locks have. However I keep my hand on the throttle and it doesn't take but a tad of rotation to have the bike back down to idle.

With all that said throttle locks that don't maintain cruise control type speed are worthless ... at least in my area where there are slopes in the road. Constantly have to adjust the lock to maintain speed. I use it to rest my hand on long trips mostly.

Before I would spend $200 something on Mag Throttle lock or any other throttle lock (again) I would put that money towards a MCcruise.

@Bedifferent
Gratitude for the information.
I now see my problema - my preferred grips are not cylindrical.
They are old style and bulge wider in the palm area.
They also are filled to capacity with my hands and I run no bar ends.
Twas a good idea until I learned more - thanks to you! :thumbsup:

I like that style grip you describe as well. I bought a set of Avons like that but never got around to putting on them. Still setting in the basement. I carry another stock grip in my bags already prepped or the BrakeAway as I read reports of the grip hole sometimes tearing out. I know that was a common problem with the heated grips. For me...Peace of mind I guess. For anyone running a stock grip on a touring, I would be willing to order one, shave it down for them and then send it to them for the cost of the grip and shipping. Payment in advance of course.
BTW....The grip is $11.83 from Hemry's, plus shipping and then shipping to you.

Last edited:
I have an Omni Cruise setting in the basement if anyone is interested. Never used, but I'm not sure if the rubber ring is with it. Make an offer.

My Atlas, used just a handful of times will be for sale as soon as my McCruise arrives.[/QUOTE]
i'd be interested in your Atlas when available

I've been using an Omni cruise for 2 years. Its OK, nicely made but it does slip. I haven't yet been able to find a "happy" tension for it. If you make it too tight the throttle return spring cant fight it so the throttle doesnt snap closed when you let it go, and if its not tight enough it slowly,(sometimes quickly) loses the setting. It is useful in relieving hand cramp by helping you hold the throttle where you want it with little effort but you cant take your hand off the throttle for very long.. certainly not for a mile.
I must admit I haven't tried using it without the rubber ring they supply that slips on the grip to allow you to close the throttle in an emergency when the thing is set. Perhaps the unit rubbing directly on the grip will give it enough "stick" to work while still allowing you to back off the throttle while its set.

Gratitude for your response.
Sounds similar to the Go-Cruise I have been using for 5 years. I shall be able to compare hands on pretty soon.

Checked out that Kayko.
Tis a bar end type like the Throttlemeister.
I prefer having no bar ends and wish to not be required to remove my hand from the bar.

Last edited:
Back